Greater Idaho

YellowDragon

If you are not familiar -   

The Greater Idaho movement is a conservative effort in the US for counties east of the Oregon Cascades, and eventually portions of Northern California, to secede from the state of Oregon and join Idaho. If approved locally by voters via ballot measures, it would need approval from the state legislatures of both Oregon and Idaho and the federal Congress.

So basically, these people are sick of dealing with the crime, taxes, and mess of the major cities and want out. I can't blame them. I wonder if this will go anywhere though and if it does... Will it encourage other states to do the same? Branching away from the hellscapes of blue cities for a more stable economy and system. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

Branching away from the hellscapes of blue cities for a more stable economy and system. 

This will not happen. What we need is election monitors in the blue cities so they don't control the states especially the swing states. 

• Like 1

The problem with this is that these cities rely on the rest of the state to function. If they pull away, they fall apart. Cities no longer are able to manage themselves financially and were never able to in terms of local resources. Everything gets imported to city zones from surrounding areas or other states. 

• Like 2

I keep telling people they need to be more thankful for the farmers and the truck drives. People in cities have no idea their lives depend on these people and they do not get the appreciation they deserve. 

I don't see these splits happening unless we end up in civil conflict... i.e. a civil war. 

• Like 2

I guess the likelihood is quite low but I still understand these places wanting it. I think the culture just needs to change. People need to prioritize family, morals, values, and traditions again. The modern life made it so terribly easy to take all of that for granted. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 2:55 PM, chrysostom said:

I don't see that happening. The suburbs is a nice buffer.

A lot of people say if something happens, it will happen in the cities. Both the government and the people will keep it contained to those areas. 

• Like 2