Have you ever seen a glowing orb?

britanica

So this is something that happened to be 6 or 7 years ago. I woke up early in the morning and needed to use the bathroom. Before getting back in bed, I looked out my window to check if it was raining and I saw a glowing orb, about the size of a basketball. It was floating in the road. Maybe a few inches above it, next to a parked car. I rubbed my eyes several times but it remained. I went to grab my phone and take a pic but it was gone by the time I got back to the window. 

Later that day I was leaving and I looked in the road where I saw it and a perfect circle was BURNED into the road!! I wish I had taken a pic of it. I moved since then and checked on Google Maps and unfortunately, they redid the street so I can't see it anymore. Not sure what this was. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it too. I remember I was very little, like 3 or 4 years old. It was raining. Then I went to balcony. There I saw sun falling down. I don't remember the rest, but everyone was afraid of that I guess.

And it did dig up a hole in the ground as you said.

Edited by Naofumi
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 3:47 PM, Naofumi said:

I saw it too. I remember I was very little, like 3 or 4 years old. It was raining. Then I went to balcony. There I saw sun falling down. I don't remember the rest, but everyone was afraid of that I guess.

And it did dig up a hole in the ground as you said.

Someone told me it could have been "ball lightening" consider it had been raining that day. I think it is rare to actually see those and no one knows what causes them. They are normally much larger though.

• 4 months later...

I have heard of the ball lightening thing after seeing it in a viral video a few years ago. The one I saw was bounding around on power lines, maybe someone here knows what video I am talking about? 

Either way, ball lightening doesn't typically sit still from what I gather. It seems strange that it burned the street as well!! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...