Magnesium for Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, ADHD + MORE

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7352515/

I am seeing more and more people talk about how amazing magnesium was for them. The problem with this mineral is that there is no way to test for deficiency. You have to go based on symptoms. Only 1% shows in the blood, the rest is stored in tissue throughout the body. It is now believed that over 50% of the US alone is magnesium deficient. If we take an approach to using magnesium first (before antidepressants) I think a good portion of people suffering would see a dramatic difference without risking their health on drugs. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

This is interesting.

I read some other studies that deal with transitioning that point out that when males "transition" into women, the hormone disruption displaces magnesium content in the body which directly will increase the risk of depression. I wonder if that is why suicide rates are so high among trans women. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

This is interesting.

I read some other studies that deal with transitioning that point out that when males "transition" into women, the hormone disruption displaces magnesium content in the body which directly will increase the risk of depression. I wonder if that is why suicide rates are so high among trans women. 

I think this is the case. I had a friend who was going through some issues. Had a diet high in sugar. Turns out sugar depletes magnesium in the body as well and can actually lead to psychosis! I wish they would look to deficiencies first with trans people because I feel like most cases are down to this and it is only made worse when they go through hormonal therapy. 

• Like 1