Robotic Surgery

Robotic surgery is a minimally invasive surgery that allows surgeons to operate in relatively less accessible areas of the body and with a magnified view of the surgical field, providing maximum dexterity. 

“Robotic surgery allows for more surgeries to be done in a minimally invasive way,” said Bryce Haac, MD, a colon and rectal surgeon with Intermountain Healthcare, who is based at LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City. “It’s state-of-the-art technology that’s a game changer – improving patient experiences and ensuring good clinical outcomes.” 

Source

I have to ask, with all these advancements and the direction things are heading... Would you trust a robot to perform surgery on you are are you more likely to trust a doctor? 

I feel like this is something I am torn on because I know plenty of doctors are flawed and make mistakes on a daily basis which results in suffering and death. I just don't know if I could trust a machine to do a better job.  

• Like 1

I am with you. Like I can understand the flaws of men and women in surgery but something just makes me feel uneasy about a robot doing surgeries. I don't know. I am fairly certain this is wear we are heading though. We are going to be living amongst intelligent machinery everywhere, even more so than we already do!

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 12:44 PM, britanica said:

I am with you. Like I can understand the flaws of men and women in surgery but something just makes me feel uneasy about a robot doing surgeries. I don't know. I am fairly certain this is wear we are heading though. We are going to be living amongst intelligent machinery everywhere, even more so than we already do!

I think you could be right. We have already become so dependent on it in the US, it somewhat scares me. Most people don't know how to farm, build, or create anything. Imagine what would happen if all our grids went out and we had no electricity, gas, etc. a lot of people would die due to lack of knowledge. 

• Like 1