Elon claims humans will be on Mars in his lifetime - what do you think?

YellowDragon

Elon is 51 I believe. I might be off a year or two but I want to say that is his age. Assuming he remains in good health and lives to see, let's day 91 years old... That means with in 40 years, humans will step foot on Mars. This is a stretch though as the average lifespan in America seems to be 78. Which means it is more like 28 years. 

Do you think it will happen?

With the way people are acting and the issues we have on earth right now currently, I just don't see it. 

I think we will eventually make it to Mars but I can't see that happening in 40 years, much less 28 years. I would say I can see it happening in maybe 60+ years but even then, it still seems like a stretch. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 11:03 AM, britanica said:

With the way people are acting and the issues we have on earth right now currently, I just don't see it. 

I think we will eventually make it to Mars but I can't see that happening in 40 years, much less 28 years. I would say I can see it happening in maybe 60+ years but even then, it still seems like a stretch. 

When you break it down and thing about it, it does seem nearly impossible but I think back to the technology boom between 1995 and 2005 and I have to wonder if another one will come and this time it will be focused on space tech. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...