Is tiktok bad for us?

Liam

1 minute ago, James said:

I don't think TikTok is bad for us, per se. I think it can be addictive and consume a lot of our time if we're not careful

True, I have an account on Tiktok, but don't post any content of my own. was curious with how much I am on tiktok

28 minutes ago, Liam said:

True, I have an account on Tiktok, but don't post any content of my own. was curious with how much I am on tiktok

TikTok has grown rapidly in popularity,. It's important to find a balance and not let any one thing consume our lives. That applies to all social media platforms.

Yes and no.

The fact that it functions as a data harvesting tool and uses completely different algorithm presets per nation should raise a lot of red flags. In China, you will see nothing but education, nature, family, and wholesome content being pushed to the top. In the US, you will see damaging trends, arrogance, and nonsense at the top. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 11:58 AM, YellowDragon said:

Yes and no.

The fact that it functions as a data harvesting tool and uses completely different algorithm presets per nation should raise a lot of red flags. In China, you will see nothing but education, nature, family, and wholesome content being pushed to the top. In the US, you will see damaging trends, arrogance, and nonsense at the top. 

So basically as it stands right now, it isn't good for most people. I mean I would guess they manipulate everything. Good or bad. It is in their best interest as well for the US as well as other countries to tank mentally and morally. Likely why India banned it.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 2:49 PM, Cosmic said:

So basically as it stands right now, it isn't good for most people. I mean I would guess they manipulate everything. Good or bad. It is in their best interest as well for the US as well as other countries to tank mentally and morally. Likely why India banned it.

I agree. I think all social media should be banned for anyone under 18 for the simple fact that children are being abused on ALL of these platforms. But TikTok in and of itself is a huge security risk for the nation and needs to go.

• Like 1