Despite us "not doing enough" the o-zone is repairing itself

In 2014, however, scientists received the first bit of good news on this topic: the first small increases in stratospheric ozone in more than 20 years had been detected, along with evidence that ODCs had declined by 10–15% in the atmosphere. Yet they remained cautious. Some two years later, scientists got sufficient data to confidently reveal proof that the ozone layer was indeed on a path to recovery. The 2016 study, which tracked the evolution of the size of the ozone hole over Antarctica, observed that stratospheric ozone concentrations were continuing to increase and that the size of the Antarctic ozone hole had declined by half the size of the continental U.S. between 2000 and 2015. The authors of the study also noted that they expected the ozone layer to fully heal sometime between 2040 and 2070.

Source

I firmly believe that the earth is designed much like the human body to adapt and repair itself. If we give it enough room and don't cause too many damages, it will remedy the problems. I feel like most of the climate activists at the top know this but they are using it as an excuse to take as much as they can get from lying to people and having them believe the earth is incapable of surviving. 

I remember hearing about the o-zone layer to the effect of beating a dead horse growing up. How it is causing cancer. How it is effecting the weather. How it is killing off animals and plant life. This was in the '90s. Now in my lifetime, I will see it be fully healed. Despite more people driving than ever before, the largest human population on the planet, more pollution and waste... funny that!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 8:20 PM, YellowDragon said:

We will continue to see these trends and I am sure of it but you know they won't stop. They will keep telling us we are overpopulated, there is too much pollution, meat is bad, and we need to stop having babies. You don't see this stuff being said in China or India though, do you? 

The whole meat = climate disaster is such nonsense. They claim that people eating meat is causing environmental problems. Imagine if we all stopped eating meat, what a terrible impact it would have on wildlife and all the animals on farms and so on. Are we meant to just kill them all off?

• Like 1

None of this even surprises me anymore. I am convinced that if we changed nothing and carried on, the planet would be find for hundreds, if not thousands of years. It all seems like they either know something we don't and are hiding it, or it is all a load of BS.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2023 at 4:49 PM, Cosmic said:

None of this even surprises me anymore. I am convinced that if we changed nothing and carried on, the planet would be find for hundreds, if not thousands of years. It all seems like they either know something we don't and are hiding it, or it is all a load of BS.

For sure. There are things we should change, as I mentioned in other threads, just to better care for the wildlife. I am all for that but the rest of it? All the fear-mongering? I don't want to hear it. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 6:48 PM, britanica said:

For sure. There are things we should change, as I mentioned in other threads, just to better care for the wildlife. I am all for that but the rest of it? All the fear-mongering? I don't want to hear it. 

Oh for sure. I think the deforestation in other nations in favor of industrial factory or farm land has been horribly damaging to wildlife. I think if people could get on the same page and make better use of areas where it won't cause as many issues, it would all benefit everyone, animals included. 

• Like 1