H5N1 Fears

I don't know about other countries but the US has been working on making a bird flu that can transfer to mammals in a lab for 10 or 15 years now. They say this is to have a vaccine ready "just in case" but we now have H5N1 which has already killed a lot of sea lions among other mammals. The mortality rare of this virus is 60%. Not good.

Even if this variant was not made in a lab, it is still man-made. All bird, swine, and bovine illnesses arise do to poor care for livestock. Remember H1N1? Mad cow disease? Yeah... 

So are you worried at all?

I would say the chances of it being passed from mammal to mammal and reaching humans is pretty slim right now. It can easily be controlled. Unless.. they don't want it to be. I am more concerned about bad actors encouraging the spread than it spreading naturally. 

On 3/15/2023 at 6:50 PM, Cosmic said:

I would say the chances of it being passed from mammal to mammal and reaching humans is pretty slim right now. It can easily be controlled. Unless.. they don't want it to be. I am more concerned about bad actors encouraging the spread than it spreading naturally. 

You really can't tell which direction this will head. I can totally see them using it as a means to distract people away from the bank troubles. Look at what they did in China when people couldn't get their money.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 7:00 PM, JRexx said:

You really can't tell which direction this will head. I can totally see them using it as a means to distract people away from the bank troubles. Look at what they did in China when people couldn't get their money.

Oh right, I forgot about that mess! I remember seeing videos of people flooding the streets because China cut them from their finances. I don't know whatever came of that though. Seems like they hushed everyone up about it.

• Like 1

I am guessing if it does become a problem, it will be just in time for the US election in 2024... Watch. 

I have been watching it and it doesn't seem like it is getting out of hand. It can easily be controlled right now. Egg prices are starting to normalize too.