Things That Don't Change

chrysostom

It would seem a lot of people in the world right now, at least in certain countries, are losing their minds and don't even function in reality where science exists let alone metaphysics. It is a crazy time period to say the least. It is almost as if we are reverting back to witch hunts and public hangings. 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2023 at 9:10 AM, chrysostom said:

What about reason and logic?

Critical thinking doesn't seem to be a thing people are capable of these days, at least not a large portion of them in America. I would argue 40% of the population just is not intelligent at this point and that scares me. People like this are the ones that lead to dark futures. Ignorance is not bliss for the people aware of what is happening. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

Ignorance is not bliss for the people aware of what is happening. 

More important are they aware of the causes. Silence from those who don't have the courage to speak out is understandable when the media is controlled by others who have been misled. It is easy here with like minded people. We have to go where we are not wanted and risk the consequences. I am preaching to myself. 

• Like 2

This is why echo-chambers need to stop being supported. People need to be able to talk things out like rational adults. Sadly, I see far too many adults screaming and having hissy fits or resorting to violence for being told no. 

• Like 1

I always admire those people that will go to heated protests over social issues and hold up signs or confront people coming from a place of care knowing there is a chance they will get things thrown at them or worse. I never understood people attacking someone holding a sign like "Repent, Jesus loves you". If you truly do not believe in Christ or the bible, then why would someone like that even offend you? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

I never understood people attacking someone holding a sign like "Repent, Jesus loves you". If you truly do not believe in Christ or the bible, then why would someone like that even offend you? 

The lie can't handle the truth. They can't use reason and logic. Intimidation is all they have. 

• Like 2

I was going to say similar. These people know deep down that they are wrong for what they are doing and their aggression proves this. People that truly do not care don't give it a second thought. To me, if someone reacts to something like that, it just proves part of them believes it and their is hope for them to turn their lives around. It is just a matter of getting them out of the matrix, so to speak. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 5:18 PM, Cosmic said:

These people know deep down that they are wrong for what they are doing and their aggression proves this.

Not exactly. To some extent aggression can be justified in the name of defense but you may have your priorities mixed up. Not everyone sees life and liberty as they should and it is our job to help them understand. It is our duty to protect life and liberty which may require some kind of aggression. We should avoid vague and misleading words. 

Edited by chrysostom
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 5:42 AM, chrysostom said:

The lie can't handle the truth. They can't use reason and logic. Intimidation is all they have. 

It seems that way for sure. Like anytime someone makes them feel like they could be wrong, they result to yelling, name calling, or actual violence. They are like wild animals but even less than because an animal has a reason to attack something. It is just sad.

On 4/10/2023 at 8:50 AM, chrysostom said:

Not exactly. To some extent aggression can be justified in the name of defense but you may have your priorities mixed up. Not everyone sees life and liberty as they should and it is our job to help them understand. It is our duty to protect life and liberty which may require some kind of aggression. We should avoid vague and misleading words. 

That is fair. But I don't mean just basic aggression, I mean the outwardly defensiveness these people demonstrate. It is if you catch someone lying and they become angry that you caught them, they know it was wrong to lie but their anger is geared at you because they are deep down, upset with themselves. 

Misery loves company, in many regards. A lot of these people just are not happy. Maybe it is more so that than actually feeling they are wrong. They just want other people to tell them they are not.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Misery loves company, in many regards. A lot of these people just are not happy. Maybe it is more so that than actually feeling they are wrong. They just want other people to tell them they are not.

Okay but they also believe the end justifies the means. They can ignore the lie as long as it may lead to their desired goal. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 4:26 AM, chrysostom said:

Okay but they also believe the end justifies the means. They can ignore the lie as long as it may lead to their desired goal. 

It seems like for some though, there just is no sense or sound moral compass to be found and that is sad. I just wish most people could find purpose in life and not seek to destroy everything. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 12:48 PM, chrysostom said:

The study of things that don't change is called metaphysics. 

The culture war is about changing the things that don't change. There lies the truth. Their lies can't handle the truth. You need courage to state the truth. You need to state the truth and be willing to suffer the consequences. This is a safe place. Hopefully we can inspire each other to go out there where it is not safe and speak the truth. It will set you free. 

• Like 1