Easter

chrysostom

A time to go to church for many.  Just like Christmas, the church will be full. It's really a time for family which somehow gets us back into the church at least two times each year. For many this means avoiding political discussions that might interfere with a pleasant family get-together. The Church also avoids political issues like life, marriage, and family in an effort to make everyone comfortable. 

Happy Easter

• Like 4

Easter used to be a big deal in my family. After my grandparents ended up in assisted care, things changed. When they passed, the family stopped gathering at all. I have not seen any of my aunts or uncles in years and it isn't like they live far away. It is a shame. I still spend Easter with my parents and my siblings but it is not the same. No one goes to church in my family. Maybe that is the issue. 

Anyways, Happy Easter everyone!

• Like 2

What's good about Good Friday? Suffering. What's it good for? God suffering is even harder to understand but somehow social justice is not. Social justice is replacing religion. It involves the suffering of others and something must be done about that. Guilt explains that. You can't get rid of it. Caring about social justice can satisfy the problem of guilt but don't talk about it. No one wants to recognize the problem of guilt. 

I am happy to see other people still celebrating. I know so many people my age that don't even bother. Even families that stopped. I remember as a child, my nana would do Easter Egg Hunts for us kids in her backyard. The eggs would be filled with candy but some would have money. There would be some with change and others with dollars but one egg would have $20 in it. It was always so much fun for us. I can't wait to do that for my kids when I have them. 

• Like 1