The Mystery of Entropy

The Mystery of Entropy 

Some scientist wanted to disprove the concept of creation and therefore eliminate the need for a Creator. It didn't go well. He came up with the principle of entropy, the second law of thermodynamics.  The first law holds that "energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can be transferred from one form to another." The second law holds that our ability to get work out of this energy is decreasing and therefore there was a beginning and there will be an end which forces us to accept a Creator. Our climate change friends want to make it last longer with fewer people. 
  • Like 2

I always found it interesting that many men have tried to disprove God only to come to believe in Him. Sure, science has allowed us to clone sheep but we cannot clone a single blade of grass. It seems like things were almost "designed" to be a certain way. 

Also, life even after the fall, it is designed to continue. We see this in seeds, animals, and even humans. No matter how bad things get, it keeps going. Which tells me everything will end when God decides it.

• Like 1

Rudolf Clausius who discovered entropy explains, 

"his choice of "entropy" as a name as follows:[17]

I prefer going to the ancient languages for the names of important scientific quantities, so that they may mean the same thing in all living tongues. I propose, therefore, to call S the entropy of a body, after the Greek word "transformation". I have designedly coined the word entropy to be similar to energy, for these two quantities are so analogous in their physical significance, that an analogy of denominations seems to me helpful.

Leon Cooper[17] added that in this way he succeeded in coining a word that meant the same thing to everybody: nothing.

(and that is saying something)

I think most people have theories on how our solar system came to be and how earth is where it is today. We have a basic understanding of things through holy and ancient text which has always been fascinated to read through. I tried to not believe in God in my teens and I couldn't do it. Too many things point to a higher power. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 3:05 AM, chrysostom said:

Even science.

Especially science! I find it really fascinating that a lot of modern luxuries and things we know today were already known in bible times. I mean everything we have now humanity could have had, for the most part, way back in bible times. Things just weren't greatly understood and I think it too more people trying new things to make the discoveries. 

• Like 1

For me the beauty of nature is the best argument for a Creator. Man has conquered nature and has created our own kind of beauty but it is increasingly difficult to ignore the ugly part that we are capable of. We really need a safe space, a quiet place, to meditate or to contemplate on what is most important. This reminds me of the saying, "you can pay me now or you can pay me later" and the latter is always the greater if not too great. The choice is ours to make if it is not already too late.