Do you think this "lab meat" is going to lead to another disaster?

Lab meat got approved to be sold in California. Chicken, in particular, that is being made by splicing cells together. I feel like this is not something people should be doing for a number of reasons but I can't help but feel like this could lead to some sort of bio-hazard and outbreak of the likes we had never seen. Man playing God is never a good idea... 

• Like 1

Probably. Knowing humanity and the direction we have been heading it, I would not be shocked. All of these animal-born viruses are a result of humans screwing around be it bird flu, mad cow, swing flu, etc. are all the result of people neglecting animals or making for an environment where viruses mutate and get out of control. 

I won't even pretend to understand all the ins and outs of food production but I do know historically speaking, if it is made in a lab, it causes problems. Looks at what GMO corn does. There are lab studies, several of them, that document rapid tumor growth in mice.