79 people arrested for arson in Greece

Greece has called out "arsonist scum" after police made 79 arson arrests over wildfires ravaging the country.

Civil Protection Minister Vassilis Kikilias said there had been several attempts by arsonists to start new fires on Mount Parnitha, north-west of Athens.

The blaze is one of hundreds in the nation where wildfires have already killed at least 20 people this week.

"You are committing a crime against the country," Mr Kikilias said.

"Arsonist scum are setting fires that threaten forests, property and, most of all, human lives," Mr Kikilias told Greeks during a televised emergency briefing on Thursday.

"You will not get away with it, we will find you, you will be held accountable."

Summer wildfires are common in Greece and scientists have linked the increasing frequency and intensity of extreme weather events, including heatwaves, to climate change.

SOURCE

They always like to throw climate change around but wildfires have little to nothing to do with "climate change" at least not the kind they are claiming. Their lies will eventually crumble. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Either way, this is disgusting. How people can gather and think this is a good idea. I can bet you these were climate crisis alarmists who were trying to fake a wildfire. I think this is what was happening in Canada as well. 

• Like 4

Expect to see more and more of this. Do not get shocked if we do find out that this is what was happening in Canada, and what happened in Hawaii. There is a lot more to the stuff in Hawaii though. A lot of things were purposely ignored. That was very clearly an inside job. 

Either way, these eco-terrorists are going to get worse. 

• Like 2

There was that other story of cops running over a protest because these climate clowns were blocking a road on private Native American lands... What is wrong with these people? Can we just declare them a public disgrace and start arresting them on sight? If they keep just letting these clowns put on their shows, more arson will happen and it will probably start happening in the US. I am shocked it hasn't already. I know there were people lighting cars on fire and that one Wendy's got burned down but I think that was more to do with BLM than climate change. 

• Like 2

Well we have wild fires where modern houses are burnt to ash and yet often surrounding foliage is not harmed and then you have other fires started by arsonists like with Greece and other places.  As in Greece some of these are remote so is it firebugs or people being paid to become arsonists. More fires adds to the clamour for more action over climate change. 

• Like 1