Is retro gaming going to make a comeback?

britanica

I am noticing more and more focus on older styled video games. Think side-scrollers and arcade style games. The success of Minecraft kind of put a lot of things into perspective. Most AAA titles these days come with problems. They take years to make, have worse story telling than years prior, and while the graphics are amazing the games themselves are loaded with bugs. 

Do you think retro gaming will make a comeback?

On 9/17/2023 at 10:56 AM, YellowDragon said:

Maybe? It really depends on the younger player base. I think the old style of video games mixed with new graphics is a good genre to bank on. Nintendo is bringing back the classic Mario vs. Donkey Kong. 

I had no idea they were doing a new one of these!! I am going to have to get it. I don't get very many new games but I loved the classic puzzle solving games like this and the newer graphics look really nice! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Since posting this and seeing how the people at Rockstar want to increase the cost of their games, I am wondering if maybe AAA title companies should consider making older more retro games since it will cost less and effectively be more affordable to buy for people that don't want to spend $100 on a game.