The UK is being... Based?

Cosmic

So I saw some articles floating around and people talking about this stuff. They are finally cracking down on trans women pushing and forcing themselves into women's spaces. I have been saying it for the last several years, women need their own space and if trans women need a space too, it has to be in addition to, not in place of. You can't allow trans women into women's locker rooms, sports, and other spaces where they are meant to feel protected. I am very much live and let live but I draw the line here. 

I believe they are in the process of banning trans women from female sports as well charge/fine doctors for using terms that degrade women like "birthing person". I tend not to use the word "based" but it seems fairly based lol 

Anyone from the UK here? You think this is a good thing? 

• Like 2

My view is men transitioning as women should not be allowed to compete in women's sport.

Re changing rooms and bathrooms why not male / female and then a unisex for all other categories of LGBT............

Also this move to be offended by being addressed incorrectly is mind blowing, I think it should be easy to defend in court if challenged too, 'how could I know how to address the plaintiff he/ she was not wearing a name tag.'

• Like 2

They do stuff like this but then they have "gender neutral" flight attendant attire... which are dresses. Like last I checked, the most gender neutral thing you could wear as a man or woman is straight pants. Why not just make that the standard? There is nothing gender neutral about a dress ffs...

That aside, I am glad they are starting to protect their women. They have more to tackle and do still. I was once on the side of "I really don't care just leave me out of it" and now I just want this crap removed from society. I don't like it being forced down everyone's throats especially religious people and children. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 2:01 PM, YellowDragon said:

I was once on the side of "I really don't care just leave me out of it" and now I just want this crap removed from society. I don't like it being forced down everyone's throats especially religious people and children. 

I understand this. I think a lot of people feel this way but are too scared to say anything about it because they will be labeled "transphobic" but I think it is "womanphobic" and "childphobic" not to at this point. I saw a father transing his 4 year old boy... I just about lost it. How is this logical at all? I thought I was a dinosaur at the age of 4... 

• Like 1