How will AI images and video impact future elections?

YellowDragon

I have already seen plenty of presidents and other politicians win on the basis of lies but now AI will be stepping into the ring and I feel like most people will not know what to believe or just believe certain people on the matter. I see all the fake images with the Ukraine conflict floating around and not Israel and I can't help be feel concerned about our future. I don't think the US and many other nations will have a truly free and transparent election ever again. 

• Like 1

We already seen what fake news and withholding information did in 2020. I always say that I understand not liking Trump but people literally voted for a career criminal and war monger over "orange man bad" who showed us that he wanted to make peace agreements around the world and gave us one of the best economies ever. 

• Like 1

It is going to end up being a massive mess, we have already seen symptoms and signs of it. There needs to be some sort of protection set in place but I am worried our options to actually protect from this stuff will end up non-existent as time goes on.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 2:46 PM, Cosmic said:

We already seen what fake news and withholding information did in 2020. I always say that I understand not liking Trump but people literally voted for a career criminal and war monger over "orange man bad" who showed us that he wanted to make peace agreements around the world and gave us one of the best economies ever. 

What is bad is that people will just believe anything the corporate news narrative tells them and even if they are proven wrong a week, days, or even hours later the damage is already done. People still believe that "hands up don't shoot" BS and it never happened. It is because all the news channels peddled it out and people refused to be wrong about any of it. 

• Like 1