If Russia Attacks...

Cosmic

So this is back on the table with the US giving Ukraine even more money, even though they already lost. Russia might get fed up and hit Ukraine with nukes and this will drag in surrounding areas and eventually the US will be going after them. Then what? Will Russia nuke the US? No. That would be stupid. They will very likely collude with China and attack our infrastructure allowing for the American people to destroy themselves.   

They will attack power grids. That is all it would take. Then we would have a nation of people who are already divided based on race and economics saying "what about me?"... It would lead to a bloodbath and it would happen in days, not months or years.... Most cities in America would become completely destroyed in 10 days or less. Then it will spread. 

We will have civil war breaking out all over the country. China would move in on Taiwan and back their currency with gold when we are at our weakest. Russia would also back China in this. 

Am I fearing the worst? This all seems to be on the table right now. 

War has been on the table for the US since the '70s honestly. I don't think we are any closer or further from it. I still think this whole Ukraine/Russia/China/US thing is more about money than anything else. The US wants to remain at the top, China and Russia both want to take over. I can't see Russia helping China to the top so if a war were to happen, it would not be Russia AND China vs the US, it would likely be both of them attacking us for their own reasons.

• Like 1

I think we have come close twice to MAD over Ukraine and think a peace deal is in the offering if Zelensky will cooperate.

I don't think Russia will back down over Eastern Ukraine and Biden is in his last year before the election with little chance of inflation falling if this war is still on against Ukraine. 

Similarly don't think the US wants a massive war in the ME either and are trying to get Israel to back down over Hamas. Israel realises they cannot expand without removing lots more Palestinians.  Think something changed here three weeks ago, before then think they were gung-ho expecting to destroy Hezbollah.

I suspect something happened here as recent US air strikes into Syria against Iranian proxies have come from Greece not the UK airbases in Cyprus  So don't think the US wants a long drawn out war here or at least one dragging into the US election year. 

• Like 1

Maybe it is just me but I don't see this going anywhere. Putin is old and rumored to have health issues. I doubt he will want to do anything but ensure the land he already took remains secure. 

That being said, I feel we have more to worry about with what is going on in Europe right now. Did you see what is happening to Poland and how out of hand things have gotten in Germany with immigrant violence? 

On 12/20/2023 at 2:12 PM, britanica said:

Maybe it is just me but I don't see this going anywhere. Putin is old and rumored to have health issues. I doubt he will want to do anything but ensure the land he already took remains secure. 

That being said, I feel we have more to worry about with what is going on in Europe right now. Did you see what is happening to Poland and how out of hand things have gotten in Germany with immigrant violence? 

The thing is it is only the West saying he has health issues, perhaps as a way of encouraging internal dissent. 

Yes Tusk having recently got into power is trying to close down the state media, strange as he has just won almost as though he has something planned the public won't like.

• Like 1