Is Canada okay?

YellowDragon

I have been seeing a lot of concerning headlines the last few months. 

Rent is going through the roof, people are flooding into the country, they have extremely long bread lines going for people that can't afford food, a lot of people are losing their homes or apartments because of mortgage rates and rent costs going through the roof... And now MAID is being considered for all mental health issues. Yikes...

The latest one I saw was that an average of 35 people are dying every day waiting to get medical treatment. This wasn't even including one of their biggest cities so those numbers are likely much higher. 

They are pushing through that minimum income thing as well that will give everyone, working or not working, $2,000 a month. This will be given to people that do not work at all as well as people that earn $10,000 a month. Now my question is, do they tax this at the end of the year? Cause people will end up owing them money if so. Which is going to cause problems outside of the obvious that is giving away money for nothing while taking it from the people that work. I don't know how taxes work in Canada. 

20 hours ago, Cosmic said:

They are pushing through that minimum income thing as well that will give everyone, working or not working, $2,000 a month. This will be given to people that do not work at all as well as people that earn $10,000 a month. Now my question is, do they tax this at the end of the year? Cause people will end up owing them money if so. Which is going to cause problems outside of the obvious that is giving away money for nothing while taking it from the people that work. I don't know how taxes work in Canada. 

That is crazy!! I heard they were doing this but I just assumed it was for low-income families not anyone that wants the extra cash! I mean how the heck is this even meant to work? Cause like they are going to be using tax money to pay people... So are they just robbing everyone to give to everyone? It makes no sense! lol

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 11:16 AM, JRexx said:

That is crazy!! I heard they were doing this but I just assumed it was for low-income families not anyone that wants the extra cash! I mean how the heck is this even meant to work? Cause like they are going to be using tax money to pay people... So are they just robbing everyone to give to everyone? It makes no sense! lol

What will happen is their currency will drop in value but fear not! There is a new "stable coin" of digital money they can offer you that will retain value and you won't have to worry your pretty little head about physical money every again!

See where I am going with this?

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Cosmic said:

What will happen is their currency will drop in value but fear not! There is a new "stable coin" of digital money they can offer you that will retain value and you won't have to worry your pretty little head about physical money every again!

See where I am going with this?

It seems awfully convenient, like the perfect way to introduce some sort of "one world digital currency"... 

I thought they were going to do that in the US, part of me still does but their oil bucks still seem to mean something so I am not sure how they would adjust for that.

• Like 1