Cats

chrysostom

Are you too old to get a kitten? No problem if you can get one of your kids to cosign. What happens if you get a divorce? Who will get the cat? Getting a cat is not that easy. They may have to visit your house to see if the cat is okay. Some cats cannot be adopted unless you also take their sibling. All you have to remember is that the cat is more important than you. Somehow we negotiated all the cat issues and we were approved. We now have two cats. After hiding for a day, they now chase each other around the house and only need us to provide the food, water, and litter boxes. This is fun.

• Like 1

Cats are a delight. I honest used to hate them when I was younger but I never actually spent enough time around them. Now I prefer them over dogs! I have a pair of silly brothers I adopted from the same litter. I wanted to keep them together as the shelter said they were very bonded. They are amazing. Super playful but affectionate and love to be around people. 

• Like 1

A few years ago we had outdoor cats. I have a water dish for the birds and noticed this cat showed up for a drink. We started putting food out and soon we had three or four regulars showing up. Cats would rather be outside even though they don't live very long. We really enjoyed them but all of a sudden they disappeared. Don't know what happened to them. 

Cats are good people. I don't trust anyone that says they don't like cats. 

Only two types of people don't like cats - those that have never spent enough time with one and complete psychopaths!

A friend of mine is allergic and he and his wife still adopted two. It has taken several months but the exposure has minimized his symptoms almost entirely. They only seem to act up in the spring when his other allergies bother him.   

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 1:12 PM, YellowDragon said:

I don't trust anyone that says they don't like cats.

Most need the attention you get from a dog. Being a walker, I have had to deal with a lot of dogs. Now that I am a bike rider, I still have to deal with them. I don't have a whole lot of respect for most dog owners. Oh don't worry, she won't bite. Yeah right. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chrysostom said:

Most need the attention you get from a dog. Being a walker, I have had to deal with a lot of dogs. Now that I am a bike rider, I still have to deal with them. I don't have a whole lot of respect for most dog owners. Oh don't worry, she won't bite. Yeah right. 

I was told this before and was almost attacked by a dog. My friend had insisted that his new dog was well trained and behaved... He listened to him fine, sure but the second the dog got the chance to he was bolting behind me to the bathroom and had me backed into a corner. I had to yell for help. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

I was told this before and was almost attacked by a dog.

One time when I was confronted by a dog on my walk, I reached down to pick up a stone and the dog ran off. Apparently it looked like like I was ready to attack it. For other animals you are supposed to make yourself look big. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 3:43 AM, chrysostom said:

One time when I was confronted by a dog on my walk, I reached down to pick up a stone and the dog ran off. Apparently it looked like like I was ready to attack it. For other animals you are supposed to make yourself look big. 

I just don't trust dogs over a certain weight anymore honestly. Unless I was around to see them grow from puppy age, I will not go near them lol 

I know there are certain things you do with dogs that look like they want to attack you but it is hard to consider things in the moment. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 7:58 AM, YellowDragon said:

I just don't trust dogs over a certain weight anymore honestly.

We are really enjoying our two cats. They are still kittens and they won't let you take just one. I now see why. They have more fun with each other than they do with us. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 4:31 AM, chrysostom said:

We are really enjoying our two cats. They are still kittens and they won't let you take just one. I now see why. They have more fun with each other than they do with us. 

I read that raising kittens together, especially from the same litter, helps them better socialize and they have a bond with their friend or sibling for life.

You should share some pictures, I would love to see them :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YellowDragon said:

You should share some pictures, I would love to see them :)

They are not related. Even though they fight like crazy, they really get along. Often sleeping together and will actually eat out of the same bowl at the same time. He always defers to her, Blatz is a real gentleman. Blatz is 6 months and Tupps is 4 months. 

Blatz2.jpg

Tupps2.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LatinoEuropa said:

My cat is male, 14 months old, his name is Quico in English Kiko

We named our dog Kiko which I believe means little girl in Japanese. She was an Akita, a dog bred for fighting which they don't do anymore but our Kiko did get into fights when other dogs not on a leash would attack and I could see how well she could handle it. 

Akitas are amazing dogs but very hard to manage for most people. They are basically Japanese pitbulls. China has their own pits too, the Chow Chow. I grew up down the street from a man that bred Chow Chows and the main stud turned on him and nearly took his arm off. They are cute puppies but they are terrible dogs. 

I will stick with cats and the only dog breed I feel 100% comfortable with and that is German Shepherds. 

That aside, cats >>>>> dogs lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrysostom said:

We named our dog Kiko which I believe means little girl in Japanese. She was an Akita, a dog bred for fighting which they don't do anymore but our Kiko did get into fights when other dogs not on a leash would attack and I could see how well she could handle it. 

Quico (Kiko in Portuguese means a hat

Quico  (Kiko em português significa um chapéu

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, chrysostom said:

We can't trust the translators. 

Yes I agree with you.

I send my topics, in two languages English and Portuguese, because I think your translator is better than my translator. Which is Portuguese from Brazil and not Portuguese from Portugal
Edited by tmcom
English Speaking Forum

On 2/17/2024 at 4:08 PM, chrysostom said:

They are not related. Even though they fight like crazy, they really get along. Often sleeping together and will actually eat out of the same bowl at the same time. He always defers to her, Blatz is a real gentleman. Blatz is 6 months and Tupps is 4 months. 

Blatz2.jpg

Tupps2.jpg

Those are a couple of cuties right there. I love how you can put kittens together from other litters and they end up acting like human siblings a lot of times. One minute they are sharing and snuggling and the next they are trying to beat the crap out of each other and the reason is never clear why lol

• Like 1