Friction Warfare

britanica

So the Francis Scott Key Bridge collapsed last night around 1AM. A cargo boar hit the side of it and it just all fell into the water. This is a major American port for the economy and workforce. As of now, 20 people are still missing and only 3 have been rescued, one in critical condition. 

Over the last 5 years, we have witnessed train derailments, farm and food plant fires, and chemical spills. These accidents happen and it could be that social media is simply amplifying things... But we had social media before this. So what is going on?

Some are suggesting this is "friction warfare". We are being attacked from within  with minor attacks that causes inconvenience and disruptions in our growth and economy. 

I think it is possible, especially with recent news of the US government going after Tiktok. I will not let go of the fact that China (The CCP) stated they hated America and will destroy it from within. 

17 hours ago, britanica said:

"friction warfare"

I would hesitate to use an ambiguous phrase like "friction warfare". Friction is something that resists motion and could be considered a good thing if it resists warfare which is normally a bad thing. This phrase only adds to the confusion. We need clarity more than ever and should stick to well defined terms. 

• Like 1

I would not be surprised if the thing got hacked. I really wouldn't be. America has been facing Chinese cyber attacks a lot in the last 5 years, people probably already forgot about those "not spy balloons" they were sending over the country. 

I saw an update about the story and they called the rescue to close, 6 men are still missing and likely did not make it. 

On 3/27/2024 at 4:16 AM, chrysostom said:

I would hesitate to use an ambiguous phrase like "friction warfare". Friction is something that resists motion and could be considered a good thing if it resists warfare which is normally a bad thing. This phrase only adds to the confusion. We need clarity more than ever and should stick to well defined terms. 

This is fair. it was a term I heard used by a few people in the context of causing "uncomfortable circumstances" as in not enough to have people riot over it but enough to put pressure on them. 

• Like 1