Why are they making a big deal out of this eclipse that is coming on April 8th?

Several states in the US have issued state wide emergency warnings. Schools are going to be closed that day. 

At most, the eclipse will last just under 5 minutes, and on the other side of things, just 3 minutes. We know what eclipses are and how they function. I just don't understand this panic over it. We get one every like 15 or so years. It is not a big deal. 

• Like 1

I have not been able to figure this out. We had one not that long ago, in like 2017 I think. I just remember people mocking Trump for looking at it. I also recorded some of it on my phone and got some pictures of it. 

But now they are telling people not to do this because it can damage cameras and phones. So what changed between then and now? I mean you can see people pointing their phones at it on YouTube. 

I think it is a big deal in general for people. It is something to do and see. I think kids that have never seen one get a kick out of it too. I never heard of them closing schools for it though? Maybe they figured a lot of parents will keep kids home anyways? 

• Like 1

There is a guy on TikTok. He has a messy peppered beard and wears glasses. I can't remember his username but he showcases the gravity patterns of orbit and the correlation between the moon's pull and earthquakes. He is speculating this can cause a massive earthquake in the US, the one that would drop the fault-line and cause California to go almost entirely under water. Some are suggesting that because of the push of all this crime, sex, pedo behavior that Cali will be smited by God. Some Catholic guy I follow on X said that if God doesn't smite that state, he owes Sodom and Gomorrah and apology. Yikes!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chrysostom said:

Where does the fault lie?

download.jpeg.9ad731d92ab0f26a086b15af33a2120f.jpeg

There are multiple fault lines not just one and the most "dangerous" are by Cali.

download(1).thumb.jpeg.7be86a61062e8cc959ba5f0b25a990fe.jpeg

All the red zones are "high risk" fault line zones which would go under water if a strong enough earthquake hit in these areas. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 4:14 PM, YellowDragon said:

I have not been able to figure this out. We had one not that long ago, in like 2017 I think. I just remember people mocking Trump for looking at it. I also recorded some of it on my phone and got some pictures of it. 

But now they are telling people not to do this because it can damage cameras and phones. So what changed between then and now? I mean you can see people pointing their phones at it on YouTube. 

So I was able to view it and it was cool. I also pointed my phone at it and nothing happened to my phone or camera. 

I dug a bit more into it and I guess the reason why this was a bigger deal is because it is very rare for one to happen along this path. It was the first one I had ever seen and it will be the last as the next one will not happen until like 2090 for my area. We will have partial ones but not total ones. 

• Like 1

My bad, I should have specified which one it was and that there were several. I just tend to lump them all together when referencing them but yeah there are a lot but the biggest one that is most at risk is the one by Cali.