The US public school system is completely broken...

Cosmic

It was bad when I was still in school but it is way worse now. Kids are increasingly becoming more violent, more confused, many end up on drugs, the IQ scores are dropping, teens are graduating without even reading or writing beyond a 5th grade level... 

I think this is one of the biggest factors in why the US is going through such a massive culture crisis. If you look at black schools (ghetto schools) from the '90s and early '00s and compare them to typical white suburban public schools... There is not much difference anymore. Guns and weapons make it inside on a weekly basis. There are fights and violence throughout the halls. I see young girls beating each other half to death all the time on X in videos. Teachers can't control anything and other teachers are just grooming children with rainbow cult nonsense.

How do you even begin to fix this? The only solution for parents is to home school or have enough income to afford a private school that is rooted in Christian morals. The closest Christian school for young children by me costs $3,000 per quarter per student. That is $12,000 per year. Most people cannot afford that. I know if I had a child, I wouldn't be able to. Also most parents both have to work just to make ends meet these days so home schooling isn't even an option.

What a nightmare!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The only solution for parents is to home school or have enough income to afford a private school that is rooted in Christian morals.

I have a granddaughter who refuses to go to the local public school. 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2024 at 2:42 AM, chrysostom said:

I have a granddaughter who refuses to go to the local public school. 

She is very wise beyond her years. I have a cousin who took the opposite route. He was brought up in Christian schooling until high school and when given the choice, he wanted to go to public. Not sure how that turned out for him. I have not seen him in 8 years. 

• Like 2

Most kids don't have parents who can afford better options. Like you said, maybe both work too so public is their only option. I know there are home schooling options on computers but you can't leave a child and trust they will learn on their own. It would be easier for a teen but even then, they slack off.

It is a mess. We have children becoming adults that can't hold jobs or have any real skills. Many are lazy and doomer driven. People my age are struggling to find housing they can afford and many have put off having kids. Many have entirely because they know they will never get out of poverty and struggle if they do have them.

The school systems in America have shown us how outdated and broken they are and how they do not work to better children or society. 

• Like 2

School choice needs to be a thing. This will weed out all horrible school systems or at least greatly reduce them. If you opt to do homeschooling, you should get a tax break. A bigger one if you are married. An even bigger one for more than one child. 

We can fix most of these issues by just incentivising people to do stuff through money and without spending anything just stop taxing people so much.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrysostom said:

To fix the schools you have to fix the families who will demand it and that means getting the father back into the home. Broken schools are just a symptom of broken families. 

This is something I have never read or heard anyone say but it makes 100% sense. I think everything comes back to the destruction of families. A lot of people like to point at black Americans for creating all sorts of problems but their family unit was destroyed. They had the highest success rates of marriage in the '50s and '60s so what happened? I think people at the top are clearly funding and promoting the destruction of family. Easier to keep people in poverty and control them that way.

• Like 1