Like-minded people

It doesn't matter who said it. The first time I heard someone say "you have to hang around like-minded people", I believed it to be true. That person chose to live in Steubenville, OH. That is where you will find Franciscan University and some very interesting people. It is a light shining in the darkness. 
Most of us need help with our beliefs. Hang around with some good people. I am not suggesting that we all move to Steubenville but it might be a good idea to pay attention to those who do. 

• Like 1

It is good to expose yourself to people that you don't agree with but your core social circle should be people you share three common things with - faith, family values, and political views. Really, just being around people with the same world view is ideal because that all falls under that. 

• Like 2

We need to uplift healthy culture and draw people into it starting with our own families and branching out. Indoctrination isn't always a bad thing. People need to be indoctrinated into health behaviors again. Start with your own kids and have your kids bring those values to their friends, not the other way around. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...