Orbs in dreams and altered states.

rocala

Orbs come up a lot in people's accounts of the supernatural. I have never seen one in real life but, I wonder if there is a connection to the following.

Some years ago I went on a residential course where we were introduced to various meditational practices. One afternoon, the subject was Shamanic journeying. Something of which I had no experience of.

After a brief lesson we were told what to do and a CD of rapid drumming was played. I was totally absorbed by this and entered a strange landscape where everything on the left was real forest but on the right it looked like a crude painting. On the right was a man wearing a square mask. At his feet was a glowing ball. I instantly recalled a dream from my early childhood where from a bus window I could see a glowing ball in some woodland. I can't explain it, but I am certain that it was the same ball of light and that it has some significance.

I was very moved by all this and surprised nobody else in the group experienced anything. I took a week long Shamanic practices course shortly afterwards but I was never able to get anything like the same level of experience. Neither have I found any information on orbs in these circumstances.

I have never experience orbs while sleeping but I have heard of this before. I always found it interesting how our brains can string together things while we sleep that we share with complete strangers. I have heard of two people having the exact dream before, the exact time, in different parts of the world. 

• Like 1