Harrison Butker

chrysostom

13 hours ago, chrysostom said:

My 13 year old granddaughter heard about it before any of us did.

I don't agree with everything he is saying but he is spot on with "gender ideology" and "removing the Dad from a family unit" helping to destroy a country.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

3 hours ago, tmcom said:

he is spot on with "gender ideology" and "removing the Dad from a family unit" helping to destroy a country.

Everyone should be able to recognize that but so many do not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrysostom said:

Everyone should be able to recognize that but so many do not. 

They don't cause it goes against the herd as well as "setting strict rules so a country stays strong" which the "as long as the parents are loving you can have a weird family as you like" and removing one parent so the couple can, (with males one can have womb surgery) to create a new generation of children/teenagers which probably will not make it to adulthood.

If they want to live that life more power to them but bringing in children is going too far.

China and Russia will be the dominant Superpowers since they are not going down that path nor destroying their economies because of ideological brainwashing, (the chicken little world ending nonsense).

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

2 hours ago, tmcom said:

If they want to live that life more power to them but bringing in children is going too far.

When bringing in children is going too far, you have already gone too far. 

• Like 1

He was speaking to Catholics. The people getting upset are getting upset over something he said in a space with people who have the same faith as him. If anything, the people getting upset are being... Cathphobic? I am not sure what work you would use here.

55 minutes ago, JRexx said:

He was speaking to Catholics.

So why did the others get so upset about it? Does it really matter what Catholics are saying to Catholics? Ahh...no. The only thing that matters is what you are saying.

• Like 1

The people getting upset over this all have something in common; a lack of accountability. These people do not like morals or values. They do not like being told what to do or how to live. The Bible is a sum of all those things. Personal responsibility, morals, values, being guided by an outside force, etc. so anything the Bible says or followers of the Bible will be VERY offensive to someone that is against all those things.

They are not angry at Harrison or God, they are angry at themselves. It is an inner conflict and these people are losing. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, britanica said:

Personal responsibility, morals, values, being guided by an outside force, etc.

Don't forget the underlying guilt that no one wants to reminded of. 

Edited by chrysostom
added info
  • Like 2

I will never understand the mindset of people losing it over something that has nothing to do with them. I do love how his jersey got sold out though. It was the woman's jersey that sold out too. Goes to show you more people agree with him than don't. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YellowDragon said:

Goes to show you more people agree with him than don't. 

That seems to be true. We have the silent majority and the noisy radical minority. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

• Like 2

I would argue most women would agree with him if you spoke to them one on one away from cities and their feminist friends. Women don't want to work, not this kind of work anyways. Most complain about it more than men do!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2024 at 11:49 AM, chrysostom said:

So why did the others get so upset about it? Does it really matter what Catholics are saying to Catholics? Ahh...no. The only thing that matters is what you are saying.

I said for years the reason that the LGBT gang needs to constantly be applauded and fight for "acceptance" in the west is before they know they are wrong for what they are doing. It is like a child that does bad things and seeks out validation from a parent that tells them "everything is okay". There are people in the middle east being thrown in prison for looking gay. No one ever fights for their rights though do they?

On 5/20/2024 at 12:53 PM, chrysostom said:

Don't forget the underlying guilt that no one wants to reminded of. 

It is amazing what people will do to spare themselves of guilt. I had a friend that had a drinking problem and she had everyone thinking I was the drinker when I never drank alcohol. I ended up calling her out on it and she stopped talking to me. I asked her why a number of times and she finally responded that she doesn't want to be guilt-tripped about it from me when her other friends are so accepting. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, britanica said:

It is amazing what people will do to spare themselves of guilt.

That is why social justice is so popular. They use it to address the guilt that they can't get rid of. Virtue signalling. 

• Like 2

It seems like the illusion that these very loud people are the majority is fracturing more and more. Seeing how much support Trump got in the Bronx was really eyeopening. I think most Americans just want to go back to having a somewhat stable economy and to just be left alone. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 4:19 AM, chrysostom said:

That is why social justice is so popular. They use it to address the guilt that they can't get rid of. Virtue signalling. 

Oh geeze, I never thought of it like that. All these people are so desperate to make themselves feel better. How sad! 

• Like 1