Fusion energy right around the corner?

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Investors-Have-Now-Spent-5-Billion-Pursuing-The-Holy-Grail-Of-Energy.html

There are other stories talking about the investments in it as well as their success. They managed to figure something out but they are not sure how to replicate it. I feel as though they were trying a bunch of things at once until something worked and now they have to backtrack. Happy accidents? 

Either way, this is HUGE if we can actually harness fusion energy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cosmic said:

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Investors-Have-Now-Spent-5-Billion-Pursuing-The-Holy-Grail-Of-Energy.html

There are other stories talking about the investments in it as well as their success. They managed to figure something out but they are not sure how to replicate it. I feel as though they were trying a bunch of things at once until something worked and now they have to backtrack. Happy accidents? 

Either way, this is HUGE if we can actually harness fusion energy. 

Yeah, huge but there are cheaper alternatives available, which never see the light of day since individuals could strap one onto their house and tell the energy provider to shove it.

Gov, mainly fund this since they keep their power and it doesn't threaten oil profits.

But it is better than nothing, and it will shut the activists up, which are two good things.

• Like 2

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

Yeah this is probably the best option we have moving forward that will allow people to still make money off energy usage while being less damaging to the environment. It is just a shame because, as mentioned, we have better options that are cheaper already. 

I just think back to the light bulb. They used to be made in a way to last over 30 years, for a single light bulb and they changed this because they weren't making enough profits. And then when LED bulbs started, those would be marked as lasting over 10 years but they quickly walked that back and now you are lucky to find ones that will last you a few years. Most seem to only last around 12 to 16 months. 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2022 at 11:24 PM, tmcom said:

Gov, mainly fund this since they keep their power and it doesn't threaten oil profits.

Yes. That is a problem not many seem to take seriously. The government in charge seem to care more about profits than clean energy and it really makes me question why they are pushy about climate change. It just doesn't make any sense. Like "Oh, we care about the environment so long as we can profit from it!" they say from their private jets. 

Like we need to clean things up for the sake of the animals that live with us but it really does seem like the best options we have are just being silenced or considered "unsafe" because they can't make their money from it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Yes. That is a problem not many seem to take seriously. The government in charge seem to care more about profits than clean energy and it really makes me question why they are pushy about climate change. It just doesn't make any sense. Like "Oh, we care about the environment so long as we can profit from it!" they say from their private jets. 

Like we need to clean things up for the sake of the animals that live with us but it really does seem like the best options we have are just being silenced or considered "unsafe" because they can't make their money from it.

Yep, we have had clean 24/7 power sources for the last 100 years, and antigravity since the 50's, but it always get buried and they handful that try to bring it to market get buried also.

Thankfully in AU, they just resort to stripping out your backers and buying you out than, going out for a coffee and spiking it.

And the wealthy won't fund any of them since the money trail would lead straight to their door.

• Like 2

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

On 8/24/2022 at 11:14 PM, tmcom said:

Yep, we have had clean 24/7 power sources for the last 100 years, and antigravity since the 50's, but it always get buried and they handful that try to bring it to market get buried also.

Thankfully in AU, they just resort to stripping out your backers and buying you out than, going out for a coffee and spiking it.

And the wealthy won't fund any of them since the money trail would lead straight to their door.

It really is a shame. It makes me wonder how many other things and problems have been solved but because they can't profit from it, they spend money shutting it down. A friend of mine is convinced they have known the "cure" for cancer for decades now but there is no money in that kind of treatment. I honestly believe it at this point. I think the doctors are lied to in school as well to push pills and suppression of symptoms rather than actually solving issues in the human body and working with it to heal itself. 

• Like 1