Are smart homes even a thing anymore?

I remember hearing about them 10+ years ago and while I know there are some homes basically built with Amazon's Alexa in every doorknob, light switch, and carpet fiber... I haven't see anything remotely dealing with smart homes in a more mainstream fashion anywhere. Outside of security features and things you can just buy yourself (app powered light bulbs and whatnot) fairly cheap, where are the actually fully built smart homes that people were raving about 10 years ago?

8 hours ago, britanica said:

I remember hearing about them 10+ years ago and while I know there are some homes basically built with Amazon's Alexa in every doorknob, light switch, and carpet fiber... I haven't see anything remotely dealing with smart homes in a more mainstream fashion anywhere. Outside of security features and things you can just buy yourself (app powered light bulbs and whatnot) fairly cheap, where are the actually fully built smart homes that people were raving about 10 years ago?

Probably fallen  out of favor, since it only takes one shady person with a scanner nearby and you have given him an open door.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

On 8/29/2022 at 11:30 PM, tmcom said:

Probably fallen  out of favor, since it only takes one shady person with a scanner nearby and you have given him an open door.

I bet you the people who are paranoid about being spied on wised up to it real fast. Like I for one don't want nothing to do with this kind of tech for that very reason. I still put tape over webcams and front facing cameras on all my devices. I know mics can still listen in but at least they can't see me! lol

There are too many evil people out there looking to exploit our privacy. 

• Like 1