Cali banned gas-powered car sales and now wants people to stop charging their EVs? What!??

britanica

So not too long ago, California announced they are banning sales of gas-powered vehicles in the state. Well, because of the droughts and other issues (a grid not large enough to power homes as well as cars) they are telling people they can't keep charging their cars. How the heck are people just okay with this? 

The further we become dependent on technology like this where the government can easily remove our freedoms to enjoy things, the more I get worried. We are now in a time where if for whatever reason you are not liked by people, the government, or a corporation - they can easily remove you from websites, banking, smart devices, and now even using your car!

10 hours ago, britanica said:

So not too long ago, California announced they are banning sales of gas-powered vehicles in the state. Well, because of the droughts and other issues (a grid not large enough to power homes as well as cars) they are telling people they can't keep charging their cars. How the heck are people just okay with this? 

The further we become dependent on technology like this where the government can easily remove our freedoms to enjoy things, the more I get worried. We are now in a time where if for whatever reason you are not liked by people, the government, or a corporation - they can easily remove you from websites, banking, smart devices, and now even using your car!

I assume you are talking about gas as in Petrol cars? In NSW/AU we have an equally demented governor who is banning petrol cars in 5 years time, while he and the idiot you have in California is reducing reliable power and pushing unreliable crap.

It is a religion to these clowns pure and simple, and putting in more solar/wind/battery's makes them feel good, while people suffer.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

On 9/4/2022 at 11:31 PM, tmcom said:

I assume you are talking about gas as in Petrol cars? In NSW/AU we have an equally demented governor who is banning petrol cars in 5 years time, while he and the idiot you have in California is reducing reliable power and pushing unreliable crap.

It is a religion to these clowns pure and simple, and putting in more solar/wind/battery's makes them feel good, while people suffer.

Yeah, gas = petrol. 

They want to stop the sales outright and it just boggles my mind. Like if they really wanted to help the environment, they would be bringing up issues with China and India because every step to be "more green" the US, UK, AU, CA, ect. take, they just undo it by causing more pollution. Look at what is happening around the world as they push this crap. People don't even realize the amoung of slave labor in Africa it takes to mine for a single EV battery and they want MORE people buying them! It is bad enough with our phones, tablets, and laptops... Imagine what all this minding will do to the planet too.

• Like 1