Has entertainment shifted too far?

britanica

It seems like most of what is being produced be it movies or TV shows, all seems to have to force feed political messages and beliefs to its viewers. 

So much so that the content itself (character building, story building, etc.) is taking a backseat to making sure these creators get their voices heard. 

This has resulted in a lot of people being upset and when they voice not enjoying something, they are called a collection of words - racist being a big one.

Has entertainment shifted too far into politics? 

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 12:42 AM, britanica said:

It seems like most of what is being produced be it movies or TV shows, all seems to have to force feed political messages and beliefs to its viewers. 

So much so that the content itself (character building, story building, etc.) is taking a backseat to making sure these creators get their voices heard. 

This has resulted in a lot of people being upset and when they voice not enjoying something, they are called a collection of words - racist being a big one.

Has entertainment shifted too far into politics? 

I would say that the entertainment industry has shifted into Empathy territory. Or music used to be fun, inspiring and beautiful, (key reason l keep researching and adding to my 1100 music videos thread) and now it is monotonous predicable and crap, (the rap part).

And l typically don't watch tv anymore, since any movie past 2015 seems to be taboo, apart from movies that flop  at the box office.

:classic_huh:

• Like 2

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

Hollywood is trash now. The actors and actresses are nothing but actual bigots. Crying about climate change and taking their private jets to go to Starbucks. The entire industry makes me sick. Then you have people like Leonardo DiCaprio who are directly tied to the World Economic Forum. *barf*

I don't go to the movies anymore. I haven't since 2010. I don't buy movies. I don't play for streaming services (outside of Amazon as it is included with Prime). They will not get my money. I am getting rid of cable as well. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Hollywood is trash now. The actors and actresses are nothing but actual bigots. Crying about climate change and taking their private jets to go to Starbucks. The entire industry makes me sick. Then you have people like Leonardo DiCaprio who are directly tied to the World Economic Forum. *barf*

I don't go to the movies anymore. I haven't since 2010. I don't buy movies. I don't play for streaming services (outside of Amazon as it is included with Prime). They will not get my money. I am getting rid of cable as well. 

I spoke too soon they actually put the golf on again, (last few years nada, probably because of some Covid BS) so l will tape the golf and watch it later, (still have a VHS player).

:classic_happy:

• Like 2

Do you think this is down to who is in charge of everything? Like the seem to be pushing things that most people don't care about. You can see this a lot with corporations like Disney. They keep losing money. Yet they keep doing it. It makes me wonder what the heck they are trying to do. Maybe they want to destroy everything in the entertainment industry on purpose. 

9 hours ago, britanica said:

Do you think this is down to who is in charge of everything? Like the seem to be pushing things that most people don't care about. You can see this a lot with corporations like Disney. They keep losing money. Yet they keep doing it. It makes me wonder what the heck they are trying to do. Maybe they want to destroy everything in the entertainment industry on purpose. 

Probably the apathy/compliance thing?

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 8:49 PM, tmcom said:

Probably the apathy/compliance thing?

So you think it is just down to people virtue signaling and people going along with it not to stand out or something?

I think there was plenty of diversity, strong female characters, ect. in TV shows and movies in the '90s and early '00s but it seems people just forgot. 

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

So you think it is just down to people virtue signaling and people going along with it not to stand out or something?

I think there was plenty of diversity, strong female characters, ect. in TV shows and movies in the '90s and early '00s but it seems people just forgot. 

No l have seen popular bands go down the same monotonous, rap route probably because it makes money for them and they don't have to work as hard.

And media pushes this direction since it is dull uninspiring and keeps people under more control than in the 70's-80's.

• Like 1