Electric Car Nightmare

tmcom

The state of Cali cannot sustain everyone driving EVs. What will happen is people will experience electric rationing. It will be come a completely welfare state from top to bottom. The rich will be able to get what they need when they need it and everyone else will be screwed. It will end up looking like a 3rd world country. A lot of businesses like Tesla already left the state entirely. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

The state of Cali cannot sustain everyone driving EVs. What will happen is people will experience electric rationing. It will be come a completely welfare state from top to bottom. The rich will be able to get what they need when they need it and everyone else will be screwed. It will end up looking like a 3rd world country. A lot of businesses like Tesla already left the state entirely. 

Agreed you would have to spend 200k every 10 years for the battery backup to charge your car every night, and enough solar to do it daily which barring a paddock or two littered with these things it is not viable.

Then spending a few months worth of electricity to charge if entirely from the grid every day.

An unsustainable, very expensive mess that only the rich, can afford, and a death trap on freeways when a blizzard happens since batterys discharge quickly in the cold.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

On 9/23/2022 at 12:05 PM, tmcom said:

Agreed you would have to spend 200k every 10 years for the battery backup to charge your car every night, and enough solar to do it daily which barring a paddock or two littered with these things it is not viable.

Then spending a few months worth of electricity to charge if entirely from the grid every day.

An unsustainable, very expensive mess that only the rich, can afford, and a death trap on freeways when a blizzard happens since batterys discharge quickly in the cold.

I drive a hybrid myself and I see the differences without even having a full EV. I pay far more in gas/petrol in the winter than I do in any other season. Soon as the tempts stay below 40 degrees fahrenheit, I don't save much, if anything. 

• Like 1