Elon officially buying Twitter... whats next?

Cosmic

So he started with entering the headquarters in meme fashion carrying a sink. I had a laugh at that. 

But on a more serious note, do you think this will be beneficial given how out of control big tech has been the last 5 or so years? I see things happening with PayPal that have me very concerned but I wonder if this change will bring about other positive changes. I can't wait to find out how many bots are on the platform. I have estimated that 40% are bots or spam accounts. Considering the bulk of users are in the US and you can see multiple tweets of the exact same script from people under Biden's tweets and many other political figures. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

So he started with entering the headquarters in meme fashion carrying a sink. I had a laugh at that. 

But on a more serious note, do you think this will be beneficial given how out of control big tech has been the last 5 or so years? I see things happening with PayPal that have me very concerned but I wonder if this change will bring about other positive changes. I can't wait to find out how many bots are on the platform. I have estimated that 40% are bots or spam accounts. Considering the bulk of users are in the US and you can see multiple tweets of the exact same script from people under Biden's tweets and many other political figures. 

From what have heard TWTR is going to be delisted from the stock exchange this Friday, since Biden and his muppets cannot legally block his ownership.

And are obviously scared that a giant platform with little censorship, (removing valid evidence) is going to really screw up his sicko game.

I may go back there just for the sheer entertainment value.

• Like 2

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

On 10/27/2022 at 11:48 AM, tmcom said:

From what have heard TWTR is going to be delisted from the stock exchange this Friday, since Biden and his muppets cannot legally block his ownership.

And are obviously scared that a giant platform with little censorship, (removing valid evidence) is going to really screw up his sicko game.

I may go back there just for the sheer entertainment value.

I got banned in 2018 for getting into an argument with a guy who did nothing to transition at all and constantly attacked people when they would assume he was a guy. He looked like a man in dollar store drag. He got a group to all report me. I first got suspended and deleted the tweets. Only for them to ban me out right a few hours later. I know for a fact he was one of those weird fetish people who got off on being outrageous as possible. He was not a real trans woman. 

I think I will go back on there just to meme and troll people. I don't view it as a serious website anymore. It is just a giant freak show with adult children screaming at each other through text. 

Edited by YellowDragon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

I got banned in 2018 for getting into an argument with a guy who did nothing to transition at all and constantly attacked people when they would assume he was a guy. He looked like a man in dollar store drag. He got a group to all report me. I first got suspended and deleted the tweets. Only for them to ban me out right a few hours later. I know for a fact he was one of those weird fetish people who got off on being outrageous as possible. He was not a real trans woman. 

I think I will go back on there just to meme and troll people. I don't view it as a serious website anymore. It is just a giant freak show with adult children screaming at each other through text. 

Sorry to hear that, l created an account then quickly dropped it, when l realized all conversations about climate or the jab where their way or you were booted.

I suspect that a lot of the fruitcakes will disappear with only a handful of idiots left, but being able to quote and link to solid evidence and watch them squirm, tempting.

• Like 1

So Elon is already fact checking Hillary Clinton and LeBron James. LOL

They were spreading fake news about the use of the n word going up 500% when in reality it was coming from 300 new accounts that were promptly getting banned. It was likely coming from a handful of trolls with nothing better to do using bot software but they managed over 50k posts in just 48 hours. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cosmic said:

So Elon is already fact checking Hillary Clinton and LeBron James. LOL

They were spreading fake news about the use of the n word going up 500% when in reality it was coming from 300 new accounts that were promptly getting banned. It was likely coming from a handful of trolls with nothing better to do using bot software but they managed over 50k posts in just 48 hours. 

He has also fact checked Biden's tax comments and found them to be fake.

This platform is going to take all of the lies and BS, we have had to endure from the news, radio etc over the years and expose it all one by one.

I am going back to Twitter and join in on the fun.

• Like 2

Twitter has already improved, just for the humor and the fact that the media can't keep peddling out lies like they want to. 

I don't care why Elon bought it, even if it is to help his AI bots or whatever, if it improves the platform and works as a safe space on the internet for people to share opinions, news, facts, or just utter nonsense I am all for it. We need to be able to speak freely and not have our voices cut off. People will have bad ideas, opinions, and say naughty worse. We are meant to be adults. People need to learn to deal with it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, britanica said:

Twitter has already improved, just for the humor and the fact that the media can't keep peddling out lies like they want to. 

I don't care why Elon bought it, even if it is to help his AI bots or whatever, if it improves the platform and works as a safe space on the internet for people to share opinions, news, facts, or just utter nonsense I am all for it. We need to be able to speak freely and not have our voices cut off. People will have bad ideas, opinions, and say naughty worse. We are meant to be adults. People need to learn to deal with it. 

Agreed at YouTube if someone posts about the world ending, and you try to refute it but cannot do it with links or images, and have to use carefully structured sentences and hope that you post survives or doesn't get removed.

That is not having a conversation, it is idiots with a big stick.

Let's hope that he buys that one next.

• Like 2

Well went back to Twitter and tweeted him, doubt l will get a reply with 18m followers.

And he did say, "that the bird is now free" and was looking forward to it and talking to staff.

The site has a lot of white and looks incomplete so he is obviously revamping the site, and has said that he hasn't set out the rules of free speech yet but is working on it.

I also noticed one political person who was unfairly booted out, tweeting Musk to get back in, and he said that he was working on it.

I suspect a lot of people booted out for stating a fact that the previous muppets didn't want to hear or their masters didn't getting reinstated and eventually stating the facts about the climate emergency, jabs and other one sided, censored to death subjects.

When the terms of service is overhauled, l will be back to have a bit of fun.

• Like 3

People are starting to complain and saying Elon is sounding a lot like Jack did 5 years ago when things started taking a turn for the worse. 

Also, Tumblr is back to allowing nudity on the platform. That was a major reason people left the platform (many of them ending up on Twitter with their weird pronouns and fetishes). Maybe the weirdos on Twitter will migrate back. We need to be able to have adult conversations without the government, the media, or adult children having hissy fits everytime they get their feelings hurt. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 4:52 PM, Cosmic said:

People are starting to complain and saying Elon is sounding a lot like Jack did 5 years ago when things started taking a turn for the worse. 

Also, Tumblr is back to allowing nudity on the platform. That was a major reason people left the platform (many of them ending up on Twitter with their weird pronouns and fetishes). Maybe the weirdos on Twitter will migrate back. We need to be able to have adult conversations without the government, the media, or adult children having hissy fits everytime they get their feelings hurt. 

I saw this. He was meeting with some people and organizations that are on the far left and made up of very toxic unreasonable people. The one organization was responsible for buying bots during the last election! 

I am not going to get my hopes up anymore. I really feel like he is Jack 2.0 

:classic_dry:

• Like 1