DHS Leak - Colluding with big tech to censor information

YellowDragon

I am sure most people have heard the story. Big tech companies have been working with the government to basically silence people, suppress information, and overly put out information they want with a bias in Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

They focused on suppressing vaccination information, hyping up racial issues (primarily dealing with black people), getting people banned (doctors and politicians), shutting down meme accounts that were getting too much attention, and basically anything that spoke against the current agenda. This is just in the US. I am sure other countries were roped in as well. 

Are you surprised by this? 

• Like 2

Musk is draining the Twitter swamp as we speak, (been over there) and he needs to update the terms of dodgy service first as have a mass reinstatement of all accounts that got the boot since they told the truth.

I bet when real doctors start speaking out about the vaccine, mass media globally will start bleating about how evil twitter now is and people should avoid it since it is rife with misinformation.

Twitter is a giant thorn in their sides because of its massive presence.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

Just now, William said:

Is that supposed to be bad?

It’s bad if it’s done without full transparency. Government collaboration with big business is by nature a huge risk for corrupt fuckery. Anytime that happens we should demand full transparency.

12 hours ago, Liam said:

This type of gov't censorship is Ok 'cause its for the best of everyone.

How so? In the US, we have protected freedoms and the government acted against our interests and even manipulated people into believe fake narratives to vote a certain way. Nothing about this is okay. Not at all. 

On 11/1/2022 at 9:54 PM, tmcom said:

Musk is draining the Twitter swamp as we speak, (been over there) and he needs to update the terms of dodgy service first as have a mass reinstatement of all accounts that got the boot since they told the truth.

I bet when real doctors start speaking out about the vaccine, mass media globally will start bleating about how evil twitter now is and people should avoid it since it is rife with misinformation.

Twitter is a giant thorn in their sides because of its massive presence.

I sure hope this is the case. I am starting to not feel as good about his lack of changes. I mean he is meeting with people and organizations that ruined that platform and directly interfered with the election. And I think he is purposely waiting to unban people until after the election just so people don't blame him when the democrats in the US lose.

• Like 1