Mastodon is booming!

Cosmic

I love decentralized platforms like this. A lot of people are migrating away from Twitter in favor of Mastodon. I am not quite sure how to make use of it yet but I did sign up. I may just make my own platform that people can follow if they want, or join. It sounds like a lot of fun to set up. 

I still hope Twitter gets sorted but I am not going to hold my breath and apparently, other people are not either. Are you signed up on Mastodon? 

9 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I love decentralized platforms like this. A lot of people are migrating away from Twitter in favor of Mastodon. I am not quite sure how to make use of it yet but I did sign up. I may just make my own platform that people can follow if they want, or join. It sounds like a lot of fun to set up. 

I still hope Twitter gets sorted but I am not going to hold my breath and apparently, other people are not either. Are you signed up on Mastodon? 

Not sure, (had a quick look) but 70,000 Twits going from that platform to Masterdon after Musk bought it, doesn't fill me with hope that it is a free speech platform.

• Like 2

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

On 11/5/2022 at 10:59 PM, tmcom said:

Not sure, (had a quick look) but 70,000 Twits going from that platform to Masterdon after Musk bought it, doesn't fill me with hope that it is a free speech platform.

I thought the same thing but the way it runs is different from everything else. Like if you sign up on one instance and get banned from it, you still have your account and posts and can migrate to another one. It is basically set up like Reddit but in Twitter form. Minus all the ego heavy authoritarians and pedo sympathizers that run things behind closed doors. 

• Like 2

On 11/5/2022 at 10:59 PM, tmcom said:

I have been seeing more and more people saying they were going here who are very much in favor of the establishment boot. 

I know the establishment don't want this. They want everyone in a few places so they can easily control the narrative. Some people are saying the reason the machine was mad when Elon bought Twitter was because of all the fed bots with blue checkmarks. They are going to have to pay to keep those checkmarks now. 

On 11/8/2022 at 2:08 PM, YellowDragon said:

A lot of lefties left Twitter in favor of Mastodon. 

I tried it a few years back, it is not really for me. I prefer one space. Even if that means people arguing like children. We can't let people create more hiveminds online. It just makes things worse.

This is true. I keep seeing a lot of people move to Rumble from YouTube but the problem is, the younger generation all uses YouTube. There is no reason for them to go on Rumble so people are essentially taking themselves out of the public square doing this. 

• Like 1