Prehistoric Hurricane Activity

YellowDragon

https://www.americanscientist.org/article/uncovering-prehistoric-hurricane-activity

I am not sure when this was posted but I saw it being shared around in one of the groups I am in and wanted to post it here.

I have always been fascinated with weather patterns and historical points where weather shifted a lot of the planet. Likely why I don't buy the climate crisis stuff. The weather has been far worse in the past with way less people. If anything, more people and pollution is making storm systems and weather less severe. But that is another topic for another time.

What are your thoughts on prehistoric hurricane activity and other storm activity? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

https://www.americanscientist.org/article/uncovering-prehistoric-hurricane-activity

I am not sure when this was posted but I saw it being shared around in one of the groups I am in and wanted to post it here.

I have always been fascinated with weather patterns and historical points where weather shifted a lot of the planet. Likely why I don't buy the climate crisis stuff. The weather has been far worse in the past with way less people. If anything, more people and pollution is making storm systems and weather less severe. But that is another topic for another time.

What are your thoughts on prehistoric hurricane activity and other storm activity? 

We recently had the coldest day ever for this time of year our mountains have more snow than we need which is all due to freezing cold winds from Antarctica, not warm as the idiot politicians and senile old fools keep pushing.

It seems that if The Times or NASA or CSIRO says that we are burning up some will buy it regardless, and we have these fools in power.

At least for now, people will only tolerate so much sky high electricity prices before they don't care anymore about impending doom.

• Like 2

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

I think being smarter with energy usage is a good thing with or without the concept of climate change, or global warming, or whatever they call it. 

I find this topic pretty fascinating as well. I tend to look more at earth quakes and patterns than anything else. We seem to know more about those from the past as we can see the proof of them happening. Hurricanes are a bit harder to understand from years prior. 

On 12/18/2022 at 8:18 PM, tmcom said:

We recently had the coldest day ever for this time of year our mountains have more snow than we need which is all due to freezing cold winds from Antarctica, not warm as the idiot politicians and senile old fools keep pushing.

It seems that if The Times or NASA or CSIRO says that we are burning up some will buy it regardless, and we have these fools in power.

At least for now, people will only tolerate so much sky high electricity prices before they don't care anymore about impending doom.

There was something I watched a few years ago on YouTube that explained this perfectly. Like how the melting of the caps is creating colder temps and the center is expanding outward so it only looks like it is shrinking. Shame I can't find it anymore, likely got deleted for "misinformation" :classic_wacko:

• Like 1