Is this the end of America?

Cosmic

The government seems hellbent on doing everything to make America weaker and lives harder for the citizens. 

The are trying to push through some trillion-dollar spending bill which will cause inflation to skyrocket. I am already paying double the cost for many items, I can't afford it to go any higher. The raise I got at work in 2021 is non-extent at this point because the inflation wiped it out. 

I try to stay positive but everything I see the government doing is not in favor of America or the people but in favor of war and money. We have a border crisis that continues to be ignored. We have a growing crime problem which continues to be ignored. The mental health crisis is only getting worse month after month. 

People just don't seem to notice or care enough. I feel like people will be willing to do something when it is already far too late. :classic_unsure:

• Thanks 1

It can go one of two ways...

The US will no longer be a "super power" country and be reduced to needing to rebuild everything meaning there will be years of suffering for millions of people. A lot of people will die (starvation, poverty, etc). 

Or the US will rise and become a great empire before collapsing completely and worse off than the first way but it won't happen for another 50+ years. 

That is what people are saying anyways. I think it will be a bit of both.

21 hours ago, britanica said:

I think it will be a bit of both.

What do you mean? Thinks will break down but out of it will come an empire? That can actually be bad if not worse because most empires are laced with corruption. 

I mean we see how things have been going the last 50 years. A lot of people only are just no realizing how the government and the agencies screwed them over.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 3:11 PM, YellowDragon said:

What do you mean? Thinks will break down but out of it will come an empire? That can actually be bad if not worse because most empires are laced with corruption. 

I mean we see how things have been going the last 50 years. A lot of people only are just no realizing how the government and the agencies screwed them over.

I think the US is going to go through hard times that will ultimately push it to be the end phase of a true empire. So the US will dominate everything, even China. But only after every other country falls because of the issues. I don't know how long these hard times will last either. Could be 10 more years, could be another 100 years.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, tmcom said:

The Easter bunny after MsMoppet had celebrates behind her as America burns, pretty much wraps it up for me.

All Americans can do is hold on and get Trump back in.

Trump needs to win. I don't like the guy but he is the only chance this country has of turning itself around. He actually wants to fix it and help people so for better or worse, I support his efforts. He is swimming upstream in a river of fire. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...