Slip Slop Slap Suffer

9m2dpex.jpg

Always suspected this that skin cancer has nothing to do with the sun and everything to do with other factors that cause all cancers.

Getting out in the sun decreases them all since your body is getting a boost of vitamin D.

Big Pharma has spouted so many lies to make a buck, humanity will turn away from them soon enough.

• Like 2

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

I have been telling people for years the crap they use to "protect their skin" is like baking chemicals on the surface and hoping it doesn't cause mutations. I use coconut oil and it works just fine. I started getting a sun rash every summer when I stopped spending so much time outdoors. The only thing that stops it from getting bad is the use of coconut oil and introducing my skin to the sun slowly in the spring. Come to find out it is linked to a lack of vitamin D3 and niacin. 

When we eat a diet that ensures our bodies get enough vitamins and minerals, it is protected. If anything, staying out of the sun INCREASES your odds of getting cancer among other issues in the body.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

I have been telling people for years the crap they use to "protect their skin" is like baking chemicals on the surface and hoping it doesn't cause mutations. I use coconut oil and it works just fine. I started getting a sun rash every summer when I stopped spending so much time outdoors. The only thing that stops it from getting bad is the use of coconut oil and introducing my skin to the sun slowly in the spring. Come to find out it is linked to a lack of vitamin D3 and niacin. 

When we eat a diet that ensures our bodies get enough vitamins and minerals, it is protected. If anything, staying out of the sun INCREASES your odds of getting cancer among other issues in the body.

Don't you mean DECREASES? :classic_ohmy:

I remember reading something like 10 years ago. It was some sort of a study that was being talked about on one of those health blog sites. It was saying that not getting enough sunlight regularly, and then exposing the skin to a lot of sun all at once is the main reason people get skin cancer.

So say you work a 10AM to 6PM job, by the time you get home it is 7PM. You don't have time before work to be in the sun so the only time you get peak hours for D3 absorbtion is on the weekend but you spend most weekends indoors cleaning your house or working in your garage... Then you go to a summer gathering and spend 6 hours in the sun. You chances are far greater than someone who is in the sun every day for a minimum of 30 minutes, unprotected. 

A doctor I watched on YouTube a handful of years ago said to get adequate amounts of D3, the minimum is 20 minutes of direct sunlight 7 days a week for fair skinned people. If you are medium tone, you need 30, dark skin tones need 40. If you are overweight, you have to add and extra 20 to 30 minutes to that. Now think of how many people actually do that. I don't know a single person that spends that much time outdoors. Especially not in the winter. 

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I remember reading something like 10 years ago. It was some sort of a study that was being talked about on one of those health blog sites. It was saying that not getting enough sunlight regularly, and then exposing the skin to a lot of sun all at once is the main reason people get skin cancer.

So say you work a 10AM to 6PM job, by the time you get home it is 7PM. You don't have time before work to be in the sun so the only time you get peak hours for D3 absorbtion is on the weekend but you spend most weekends indoors cleaning your house or working in your garage... Then you go to a summer gathering and spend 6 hours in the sun. You chances are far greater than someone who is in the sun every day for a minimum of 30 minutes, unprotected. 

A doctor I watched on YouTube a handful of years ago said to get adequate amounts of D3, the minimum is 20 minutes of direct sunlight 7 days a week for fair skinned people. If you are medium tone, you need 30, dark skin tones need 40. If you are overweight, you have to add and extra 20 to 30 minutes to that. Now think of how many people actually do that. I don't know a single person that spends that much time outdoors. Especially not in the winter. 

Probably another pharma hack, they always take something positive then make it almost impossible to do so most give up develop chronic diseases and they have a lifelong subscription.

• Like 1

Humans are designed to be in the sun. Two things that have changed big time in the last 100 years is our diets, our activity levels, and our time spent outdoors. But sure, let's just blame the sun! lol

21 hours ago, tmcom said:

Probably another pharma hack, they always take something positive then make it almost impossible to do so most give up develop chronic diseases and they have a lifelong subscription.

I have read the same on health sites. This is based on how much the body produces. Darker skin and fat both will slow down the process. 

I mean when you think about it, spending an hour a day in the sun should not be a difficult task for people but because of sleep and work schedules, it is. I know I don't spend enough time in the sun! 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 9:38 PM, tmcom said:

I would have thought the same but there are several studies behind this. It is very easy to get your daily amounts if you live somewhere like Florida or California but it is much harder for people in New York. This is why a lot of people recommend supplementing October through March but D3 supplements come with their own risks if you are low on things like K2.

• Like 1