What is a good streaming option for older folks?

JRexx

The cable my grandparents have is too much money and there are no cheaper options. I told them they need to switch to streaming and they will easily pay less than half the cost they are paying now. I am just not sure which would be easiest for them to learn. My parents have Sling I think it is called. I have a Roku stick but seldom watch anything so I don't pay anything a month. I just have access to free stuff if I want to watch it and pay for Hulu. 

6 hours ago, JRexx said:

The cable my grandparents have is too much money and there are no cheaper options. I told them they need to switch to streaming and they will easily pay less than half the cost they are paying now. I am just not sure which would be easiest for them to learn. My parents have Sling I think it is called. I have a Roku stick but seldom watch anything so I don't pay anything a month. I just have access to free stuff if I want to watch it and pay for Hulu. 

Just get them a smart tv, plenty of free streaming services there that have old movies, (well some) and allows access to YouTube, which does have loud add's but plenty of old movies there.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

That is the thing. They watch a lot of "new" tv programming so the free stuff won't cut it. I would prefer the option for them to just pay for individual channels cause there isn't very many they watch but they would never allow for that. So annoying.