Melbourne 2023

tmcom

Xk8WBjV.jpg

Went into Melbourne yesterday as a sort of celebration for doing well on the Stock exchange.

dnRN8zZ.jpg

Flinders Street Station.

Zr6PJik.jpg

A coffee shop across the road.

dYlsj8Q.jpg

9UiGTEj.jpg

And views.

bhQuBv0.jpg

And those horrid bike lanes.

1vKg7x5.jpg

Flinders Street.

y8HdDBc.jpg

And the arts building which is still standing apart from losing a few tiles in the recent earthquake, (Melbourne joke).

:classic_happy:

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

I always hear jokes about Melbourne online, like it is the most hated place in Australia. Why is that? Do you know what people reference when they say this?

I think a lot of the buildings and older architecture look amazing. I personally would never want to live in a city but I think visiting them is fine. 

4 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

I always hear jokes about Melbourne online, like it is the most hated place in Australia. Why is that? Do you know what people reference when they say this?

I think a lot of the buildings and older architecture look amazing. I personally would never want to live in a city but I think visiting them is fine. 

Probably because our Mayer wants bike lanes everywhere, makes parking your car harder and has safe injecting rooms everywhere with crime and graffitti to go alone with it, (retailers are pissed since she closes off entire streets to cars and someone on a scooter isn't going to buy an electrical product), (apart from small ones and that doesn't pay the rent).

She and Andrews are climate change fanatics so we keep getting the slow destruction of our city.

But most hated, no, l have been to Sydney and Brisbane, and sure Sydney has its icons and Brisbane has nice gardens, but Sydney also has horrible roads and Brisbane is a nightmare to escape from, (one way roads).

I will love it when the present gov, is out.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

I would guess it has more to do with politics than the actual city. I think the city itself is lovely. I went to Melbourne years ago and loved it. I don't know how it is these days but based on those pictures, not much seems to have changed!

• Like 2