Roman Ruins and Monuments

The Romans left in Portugal countless traces of their passage through our country, from ruins of towns, cities, roads and places of worship or even industrial sites, where bridges, theatres, dams and aqueducts can be seen all over the territory.

In portuguese

Os romanos deixaram em Portugal inúmeros vestígios da sua passagem pelo nosso país, desde ruínas de vilas, cidades, estradas e locais de culto ou até mesmo industriais, podendo ser apreciadas pontes, teatros, barragens e aquedutos um pouco por todo o território. 

[img]https://www.vortexmag.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/35293270460_70e94f9d8c_h-1024x682.jpg[/img] 

The construction of this temple dates back to the first century, when the city was known as Liberatias Iulia. With the Germanic invasions of the 5th century, the city was practically completely destroyed and, from the Roman forum, only the ruins of the temple remain, which last until today. In the Middle Ages, the ruins were incorporated into the walls of the castle, but fortunately this Monument was recovered. Today, it is one of the most iconic monuments in the historic center of Évora. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Temple_of_Évora

Edited by tmcom
Excessive empty space

3 hours ago, LatinoEuropa said:

The Romans left in Portugal countless traces of their passage through our country, from ruins of towns, cities, roads and places of worship or even industrial sites, where bridges, theatres, dams and aqueducts can be seen all over the territory.

In portuguese

Os romanos deixaram em Portugal inúmeros vestígios da sua passagem pelo nosso país, desde ruínas de vilas, cidades, estradas e locais de culto ou até mesmo industriais, podendo ser apreciadas pontes, teatros, barragens e aquedutos um pouco por todo o território. 

[img]https://www.vortexmag.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/35293270460_70e94f9d8c_h-1024x682.jpg[/img] 

The construction of this temple dates back to the first century, when the city was known as Liberatias Iulia. With the Germanic invasions of the 5th century, the city was practically completely destroyed and, from the Roman forum, only the ruins of the temple remain, which last until today. In the Middle Ages, the ruins were incorporated into the walls of the castle, but fortunately this Monument was recovered. Today, it is one of the most iconic monuments in the historic center of Évora. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Temple_of_Évora

I have a problem, I don't know how to post the photos here on the forum. Someone give me a manual please.

Mod - reason for deletion - English speaking forum

3 hours ago, LatinoEuropa said:

I have a problem, I don't know how to post the photos here on the forum. Someone give me a manual please.

Mod - reason for deletion - English speaking forum

Pretty easy just go here...

But in a nutshell you need a free image hosting company, l use Imgur myself which is free and easy to use. Just sign up for one of those then use the "Test Section" to get the hang of it.

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

I do wonder how much was lost over the years. Like we can see traces of historical buildings and architecture but a lot of it was built over/on top of to create new structures. It seems even the oldest monuments still hold surprisingly strong though. Rome certainly wasn't built in a day but so much of it outlasts modern buildings.

• Like 1

But in a nutshell you need a free image hosting company, 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok  Friend. Thank you very much                                     

Sorry I didn't like reading your message, on the contrary I asked for help to give me a manual to put pictures.  

Don't worry about me, it's okay. 

----------------------------------------------

Mod - English speaking forum

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LatinoEuropa said:

But in a nutshell you need a free image hosting company, 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok  Friend. Thank you very much                                     

Sorry I didn't like reading your message, on the contrary I asked for help to give me a manual to put pictures.  

Don't worry about me, it's okay. 

----------------------------------------------

Mod - English speaking forum

No need for a manual just type in Google, "how do l embed a video using Imgur into a forum" and it is all there, (just tried it). And use the "Test Section" since no one but you can see it.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png