Do you think people spend too much time on social media?

britanica

I noticed an uptick in things like depression, anxiety, transgenderism, and all sorts of phobias in the last 10 years and it seems like social media is playing a huge role in all of this spreading. I guess it is just making people doubt themselves and become unhappy. Do you think it would benefit people to spend less time on social media platforms? 

There is a place, I can't remember where but they actually put crossing signals on the ground cause people are always looking at their phones and getting hit by cars. This is the world we live in. People are glued to their phones now and social media has made it addictive. I think if just 25% of people under the age of 30 stopped using social media platforms, a lot would improve for them as individuals and the world and culture as a whole. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

There is a place, I can't remember where but they actually put crossing signals on the ground cause people are always looking at their phones and getting hit by cars. This is the world we live in. People are glued to their phones now and social media has made it addictive. I think if just 25% of people under the age of 30 stopped using social media platforms, a lot would improve for them as individuals and the world and culture as a whole. 

Probably China, (watched a TY video showing some walking across the road, (zebra crossing) glued to their Smartphones, and getting hit by a car).

Worse is the idiots doing a selfie on a cliff edge, l think that these days some think that their magical SF will defy gravity or make them immune to death or disability.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

Yes. I think we have had enough proof as to why this is a problem too. People are not designed to have this much constant access to information. It not only hinders free thought but cripples creativity and self identity. Is it any wonder why so many younger people don't even know who they are?

On 8/8/2023 at 12:08 PM, Truthseeker1 said:

The exception might be if you are using this to replace meeting people.

I noticed an uptick of autism in children, teens, and young adults in the US. This has been looked at and while there is no clear indication as to why this is happening, I think spending too much time online from a young age may have something to do with it. It created poor socializing skills and what appears to be autism in some is just a learned behavior from not experiences normal socialization from a young age. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 6:06 PM, YellowDragon said:

I noticed an uptick of autism in children, teens, and young adults in the US.

I would imagine that these types of people at any age are most susceptible as well to becoming addicted to social media as well as fall into the peer pressure of doing "trends" to get attention.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 1:17 PM, britanica said:

I would imagine that these types of people at any age are most susceptible as well to becoming addicted to social media as well as fall into the peer pressure of doing "trends" to get attention.

This is what a lot of people are suspecting to be behind the spike in "trans youth". Most of these children are shown to be autistic. I just hope people realize it before it is too late. I don't want to see thousands of children as adults regretting everything pushed onto them when they are older.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 3:30 PM, YellowDragon said:

This is what a lot of people are suspecting to be behind the spike in "trans youth". Most of these children are shown to be autistic. I just hope people realize it before it is too late. I don't want to see thousands of children as adults regretting everything pushed onto them when they are older.

I have nothing against trans people and I do feel for their struggles but I agree that there isn't something right about everything happening. It seems money seems be a big factor in the push of this, possibly sterilization and population control too who knows. Some have brought up they might be prepping kids to be comfortable with transhumism. Who knows. I just know there is enough studies to show that kids/teens should be physically mature before doing anything with their hormones or surgery. For most girls this is around 22 years old and most boys, 18 years old from my understanding. 

• Like 1