Do you think Disney will lose money next?

Cosmic

The boycotts with Budlight and Target in the US have been... Bad. Both companies have taken MASSIVE hits and continue to lose money. Now a bunch of people are calling for a boycott on Disney. I have not been into anything related to Disney since I was a teen. I don't even know what they do at this point other than horrible remakes. I have not watched anything by Disney in well over 10 years now. Nor have I bought anything related to the company. Do you think they will actually face a huge loss?

8 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The boycotts with Budlight and Target in the US have been... Bad. Both companies have taken MASSIVE hits and continue to lose money. Now a bunch of people are calling for a boycott on Disney. I have not been into anything related to Disney since I was a teen. I don't even know what they do at this point other than horrible remakes. I have not watched anything by Disney in well over 10 years now. Nor have I bought anything related to the company. Do you think they will actually face a huge loss?

No this will be temporary, it is their Woke garbage that will put them under, (they want to rename Snow White, not kidding).

PIXAR is already going under since their creative division is being run now by a Lesbian and her umm, wife l guess and their two illegitimate children. John Lassater employed her in the 80's and because of California's silly rules is really all powerful in that company.

Most of the men have left that company and their last two motion pictures, (3m each and about 5 years) have flopped since both pushed Gay and Lesbian themes hard in a children's movie.

It is sad to see a great company l used to admire go under like this.

• Like 2

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

This is over the price hike mostly. It isn't a cultural thing. Too many people love Disney to give it up. Even when they are pushing hyper political propaganda and nonsense. People just don't seem to care enough. 

17 hours ago, tmcom said:

(they want to rename Snow White, not kidding).

Didn't they rename it to something else for the new movie coming out? Cause the dwarves thing was offensive to that Game of Thrones guy? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JRexx said:

This is over the price hike mostly. It isn't a cultural thing. Too many people love Disney to give it up. Even when they are pushing hyper political propaganda and nonsense. People just don't seem to care enough. 

Didn't they rename it to something else for the new movie coming out? Cause the dwarves thing was offensive to that Game of Thrones guy? 

Not sure just heard about it. But it seems that PIXAR pushes gay and Lesbian themes and Disney the rest, (PIXAR has tried to push same sex kissing scenes in their movies and Disney wouldn't allow it. And of course PIXAR moaned about it and brought up Californias new rules and Disney had to apoligise but still won't allow it).

• Like 2

Did you see Disney shot down a movie that Netflix picked up because it was "too gay" even for Disney? What is going on right now??

I think having characters who are gay is fine but not in children's programming. I mean same sex adult relationships shouldn't even be heavily focused on. Outside of "mom and dad". 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, britanica said:

Did you see Disney shot down a movie that Netflix picked up because it was "too gay" even for Disney? What is going on right now??

I think having characters who are gay is fine but not in children's programming. I mean same sex adult relationships shouldn't even be heavily focused on. Outside of "mom and dad". 

Agreed in Star Trek it is appropriate, but not in children's movies.

It seems that DIsney is in a wrestling match between Walts family unit ideal and modern day themes.

But PIXAR shouldn't even be putting gay/lesbian in anywhere on their streaming platform and certainly not in childrens movies, since society refuses to accept them.

And at 3 million each and 5 years work, that company is cutting their own throats to try to use their influence to push their cause in an inappropriate format.

• Like 2

I know these businesses care most about money so the fact that they push things they know most people do not want their kids to watch or that they won't want to watch themselves makes me wonder why this is happening. I know the ESG stuff is tied into it. I think it is being used as a weapon of sorts as it is outlined a bit in Agenda 2030 or whatever WEF calls it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

I know these businesses care most about money so the fact that they push things they know most people do not want their kids to watch or that they won't want to watch themselves makes me wonder why this is happening. I know the ESG stuff is tied into it. I think it is being used as a weapon of sorts as it is outlined a bit in Agenda 2030 or whatever WEF calls it. 

Not sure about Disney but the head of the creative division at PIXAR will push her theme no matter what, since she see's this company to push her ideal globally!

And no doubt she will blame everyone and everything else while she single-handedly destroys that company, (PIXAR will probably be taken over by Activation before gong bankrupt in the next 10 years).

I have watched all of the Doc's on PIXAR on the Disney channel, and it is basically all female now with a handful of Yes men, where by before they could get in a room and watch "Saving Elmo" for example and tear it to shreds, (a key reason they had such a winning streak) but now with the woke rules in place no one can say a word.

Since if they could someone would have said, "Buzz Lightyear stands for the family unit, (they created buzz from 1950's Comic book heroes) so putting in a lesbian family with that movie is sure to make it flop.

That is why Supermario was such a big hit, Disney and Nintendo left it alone, and Mario's family was big so they could have slipped someone in.

No PIXAR is gone and apart from putting Puts on it to make a buck they are pretty much toast.

• Like 2

It probably won't last but they are bleeding money even without all this controversy. I have to wonder if this is with intent to destroy Disney entirely and everything the man created. I see politicians pushing stuff they have to know will hurt their countries and you would have to imagine their are either evil or insanely stupid. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cosmic said:

It probably won't last but they are bleeding money even without all this controversy. I have to wonder if this is with intent to destroy Disney entirely and everything the man created. I see politicians pushing stuff they have to know will hurt their countries and you would have to imagine their are either evil or insanely stupid. 

About 16 Billionaires are running the planet, and with a few exemptions they are evil and stupid.

At the moment with the vaccine failure and the climate emergency failure they are in damage control or trying to push something through, (electronic currency) but their "Boiling planet, hottest month since 1980, or the last 7 million years" is getting quite stupid so much so the harder they try the more wise up.

:classic_cool:

• Like 3

On 8/20/2023 at 11:32 PM, tmcom said:

About 16 Billionaires are running the planet, and with a few exemptions they are evil and stupid.

It is crazy to think about this. Like I am all for people earning wealth and being able to do as they please with those earnings but after a certain point, having this much wealth is nothing but having power over and above everyone else and people should not be tolerating it. 

• Like 2