Civil War?

JRexx

I figured I should make a thread for this. Get people's thoughts both in and outside the US. 

The latest news is that the Democrats are refusing to get involved in the arrests and charges made against Antifa while also going heavy and hard after any sort of Trump supporter that had any connection to Jan. 6th. The Proud Boys leader is about to face 22 years in prison and he wasn't even there nor talked to anyone that day but because he was posting on socials favoring the event, he is getting thrown in prison. Meanwhile, a guy that burned down a police station during the BLM riots is only getting 4 years. 

I can't help but feel like we are heading for a civil war. Not sure what it will look like but this is madness. The US system is broken. How much longer can it last treating people of different factions with favor and those that oppose them with unjust treatment? 

• Like 2

We have civil strife already and the politicians and the corporate media are making sure the tension and hate stays geared at each other. They want factions fighting, the less we blame them, the easier they can rule over us. Some have said they are using Mao tactics and I can see it. But people are waking up. More and more people are seeing the lies. I can't see it leading to a civil war. At least not anytime soon.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, britanica said:

We have civil strife already and the politicians and the corporate media are making sure the tension and hate stays geared at each other. They want factions fighting, the less we blame them, the easier they can rule over us. Some have said they are using Mao tactics and I can see it. But people are waking up. More and more people are seeing the lies. I can't see it leading to a civil war. At least not anytime soon.

Agreed that is what happens when stupid people try to outwhit smart ones, (their tactics are obvious) and when stupid has too much power they tend to hang themselves in time.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

Weak men create hard times. Will this end in a civil war? There is a chance of that but we have very weak leaders not just in the US but around the world. Leaders that are destructive, ignorant, and honestly out of touch with their own people. I think we will see a lot of people wise up and get more critical thinkers in positions of power (politics) that will be able to bring good change. Right now, in the US at least, we have leaders that are only looking to benefit themselves and it is backfiring. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The civil war depends on State Governors for me acting as a group to say no more and to do this they would need military backing so that  Air force group 1 could talk to Air force group 2 and agree they would remain out of it.  Without military staying independent then civil war might happen. 

Biden has already shown by the Jan 6th Capitol protesters being charged with sedition and revolution even though they brought no fire-arms that he will take the toughest action he can. 

So when the governors have  comfortable lives would they be prepared to risk a comfortable life for one behind bars and tarred as a traitor?

Unlikely though not impossible.

People taking action independently normally brings state power against them.