Musk's Neuralink brain implant soon going into first human

britanica

In a blog post, Neuralink announced that recruitment is open for the first-in-human clinical trial of its wireless brain-computer interface (BCI). The Precise Robotically Implanted Brain-Computer Interface (PRIME) study will evaluate the safety of Neuralink's implant (N1) and surgical robot (R1) and assess whether the device can help paralyzed people control external devices with their thoughts.

"The first human patient will soon receive a Neuralink device. This ultimately has the potential to restore full body movement," Musk posted on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter. 

"In the long term, Neuralink hopes to play a role in AI risk civilizational risk reduction by improving human to AI (and human to human) bandwidth by several orders of magnitude," he added. "Imagine if Stephen Hawking had had this." 

SOURCE

I don't know about anyone else here but this worries me. I understand that something like this could help a lot of people, help people walk again and stuff... But it is a slippery slope that I can't help but be afraid of. It is only a matter of time before this technology is either used against people or as a weapon of war. Think super soldiers. Part of me hopes it fails but not in a bad way, I don't want nothing to happen to the first person receiving it. 

• Like 1

I have seen way too many movies and read way too many stories about this sort of thing going wrong. I am just for it. I don't think it is a good idea that we do most of the crap we do in labs much less this. It is going to cause problems. I just hope, for all our sake, it doesn't get to a point where it is so bad we are forced under ground. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 3:14 PM, YellowDragon said:

I don't think this will work the way our minds thing it will. I have a feeling putting stuff like this into the human body will result in things like cancer. I can't see it being beneficial long term and all this transhumanism stuff is going to be look back at and shamed. 

I hope this is true and it is very limited but I think you are right about the cancer thing. I don't think our bodies are designed to house this kind of tech. I mean altering one's hormones is enough to make horrific health problems. I can't believe people are pushing for more of that let alone this stuff.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, britanica said:

I hope this is true and it is very limited but I think you are right about the cancer thing. I don't think our bodies are designed to house this kind of tech. I mean altering one's hormones is enough to make horrific health problems. I can't believe people are pushing for more of that let alone this stuff.

People are brainwashed and hypnotized so much so that if anyone offers sound advise about a medical issue they are going through it will be ignored unless Mass Media and or a Doctor says so.

It seems that people will happily go to their graves broke and in pain and feeling like that they were right.

:classic_sleep:

• Like 2

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

16 hours ago, tmcom said:

People are brainwashed and hypnotized so much so that if anyone offers sound advise about a medical issue they are going through it will be ignored unless Mass Media and or a Doctor says so.

It seems that people will happily go to their graves broke and in pain and feeling like that they were right.

:classic_sleep:

I know far too many people that just go a long to get along. They don't think for themselves. I am aware that there are a lot more followers than leaders and being a follower is not all bad. Some people are designed to be this way but when they have weak or evil people leading the, it becomes a problem. 

• Like 1

I never understood the worship people have for doctors. They are just "more educated" on certain aspects of the human body but these days, you can learn most of what the average doctor knows on YouTube. Heck, most of them know very littler about nutrition which makes me question what practices they are even performing... If not health, then what? Money making?

I just have a feeling a lot of people will be tricked into going down a path they will ultimately regret but will be too stubborn and ego-driven to admit it!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, britanica said:

I never understood the worship people have for doctors. They are just "more educated" on certain aspects of the human body but these days, you can learn most of what the average doctor knows on YouTube. Heck, most of them know very littler about nutrition which makes me question what practices they are even performing... If not health, then what? Money making?

I just have a feeling a lot of people will be tricked into going down a path they will ultimately regret but will be too stubborn and ego-driven to admit it!

Most are Big Pharma sales reps, and Big Pharma hates, quick easy and especially cheap.

BP wants hideously expensive painful and drawn out preferably for the rest of your life.

The parents who sell their house off to save their kid then are broke and stranded in another country is becoming a cliche.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

I always say "Doctors don't want you dead, that is bad for business!" when people bring up how they are killing people. They aren't trying to, not to that degree anyways. They are trying to create "forever patients" in that you have illnesses they can control enough to keep you coming back for fixes. They want you weak enough to need them but strong enough to work.

• Like 1