Davos

chrysostom

I didn't attend the meetings at Davos. I was able to land my jet but there was no room to park it. Most of the spaces were being used to park electric vehicles that don't work so well when it gets cold. The electric fires do raise the temperature but not enough to make a significant difference. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, chrysostom said:

I didn't attend the meetings at Davos. I was able to land my jet but there was no room to park it. Most of the spaces were being used to park electric vehicles that don't work so well when it gets cold. The electric fires do raise the temperature but not enough to make a significant difference. 

Ooooooooook! :classic_cool:

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

Did you see the Tesla graveyard in NYC? Yeah, EVs are not the future unless you intend on making millions of people unable to drive 3 months out of the year...

I been saying hybrid SHOULD be the standard for ages now. It makes sense. It saves people money, cuts down on gas usage and is reliable in all forms of weather. The car does the work for you. Why did they make them and quickly jump off them after just 10 years? 

I would get an all electric if l could safeguard against any unsafe radiation against the battery under my seat, and put one of these in the boot.

Should charge up the battery forever and replace it, (can't buy it off the shelf but from what l have read it can be built).

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

15 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

I been saying hybrid SHOULD be the standard for ages now.

Yes but there still some issues such as: how long do you have to drive to offset the cost difference? battery replacement cost, reliability of a very complex system, the Toyota I drove had lot of switching that you could hear and feel. With time, it should be the answer. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrysostom said:

Yes but there still some issues such as: how long do you have to drive to offset the cost difference? battery replacement cost, reliability of a very complex system, the Toyota I drove had lot of switching that you could hear and feel. With time, it should be the answer. 

I have a hybrid and save a lot in the summer but since it snows here in the winter, I don't save much when it is cold out on gas. Either way, it is better than standard IMO. Also, the batteries seem to last longer in hybrids vs EVs because they are not as overcharged or overused. But that is just my experience. I have a Ford Fusion. 

On 1/21/2024 at 3:27 AM, chrysostom said:

Why?

The battery does not function in cold temps just like in EVs. If you have a straight EV, once it gets cold enough then you just end up burning through power like nothing. The batteries they use in hybrids and EVs are not designed to function in freezing temps. So in the winter, on colder days/weeks my car mostly uses gas but in the summer it is great. 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2024 at 9:14 AM, chrysostom said:

This should be disclosed to anyone buying an EV or hybrid. 

Yup but no one ever talks about it. No dealer, no buyer. Well, I am sure some inquire about it and change their mind with buying an EV. Hybrids are still worth it because you save money either way. If you live in Cali, it makes sense to consider an EV... If you live in New York, not so much.