What can Trump do?

Get elected. This he can do but what does he do then? What can he do without increasing the debt? Not much. It is time to consider bankruptcy. It is a drastic measure but consider the alternative. There is no alternative.

What you say?

The more I look around, I think the whole putting a bandage on it and kicking the can down the road is not working. I think the only way they can fix things is to just accept the debts and take the massive hit. It will be hard times for awhile but it is the only shot this country has for surviving. I mean there are MILLIONS of people like me and my husband that are making more than enough to afford a home yet we can't. We can't even find a place to rent for under $1,800 now. If I manage to find a house in our price range, it sells in 3 days or needs a good 100k worth of work to even be livable. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, britanica said:

It will be hard times for awhile but it is the only shot this country has for surviving.

If bankruptcy is not feasible, use the veto to effectively shut down the government. Veto everything and force congress to impeach him. This may be better than bankruptcy. What say you?

• Like 1

Wanna solve the debt issues? Defund the government. 

Make them lose money and lose power if they are not bettering the lives of Americans or doing what they said they would do prior to being elected. Make penalties and get written law that they could face prison if they take actions against the American people. Reduce or eliminate the FBI, CIA, IRS, etc. and use those savings to pay off the debt. Cut politician salaries by 10% each. Reduce federal taxation for EVERYONE by 10% to start and work on making it be 0% for anyone earning under 500k per year. For every 500k after that, you pay 5% so only the people with excess wealth and can afford to pay it are paying it. Everyone can pay state taxes like normal. 

And for the love of GOD... STOP FUNDING OTHER NATIONS FOR WAR!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

Wanna solve the debt issues? Defund the government. 

Make them lose money and lose power if they are not bettering the lives of Americans or doing what they said they would do prior to being elected. Make penalties and get written law that they could face prison if they take actions against the American people. Reduce or eliminate the FBI, CIA, IRS, etc. and use those savings to pay off the debt. Cut politician salaries by 10% each. Reduce federal taxation for EVERYONE by 10% to start and work on making it be 0% for anyone earning under 500k per year. For every 500k after that, you pay 5% so only the people with excess wealth and can afford to pay it are paying it. Everyone can pay state taxes like normal. 

And for the love of GOD... STOP FUNDING OTHER NATIONS FOR WAR!!!!

Trump will probably do some of that and yeah, Biden has given away almost 2 trillion to kick start the Israel war and prolong the Ukraine one at a time when you are up to your eyeballs in dept.

The only reason Putin wants Biden is Biden is weakening the US.

Biden is a drunken sailor with dementia.

• Like 3

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

I mean, yeah... We can solve a lot of problems by shrinking the government. We need more serious, well-thought out leaders. Instead the United States of America is being literally run by a nursing home. I am not even going to understate that. We have a bunch of old people that have cognitive decline to some degree making decisions for us that they will never have to pay the consequences of in the future. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 8:44 PM, tmcom said:

Trump will probably do some of that and yeah, Biden has given away almost 2 trillion to kick start the Israel war and prolong the Ukraine one at a time when you are up to your eyeballs in dept.

The only reason Putin wants Biden is Biden is weakening the US.

Biden is a drunken sailor with dementia.

I would like to think he would but even if he wins, which I do think he is going to at this point... They will just find ways to block most of what he does. What he needs to do is convince enough people and corporations to stop listening to the leftist marxists that are taking over the country and demand the change ourselves. I do hope he removes a lot dems and reps from positions of power. 

Something I am really hoping for is legislation that removes anyone in congress or the government, or their immediate family from participating in stock markets and if they get cause doing it through friends or family, they will go to prison. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 12:23 PM, chrysostom said:

Shrinking may not be feasible. Just shut it down by vetoing everything that comes out of congress.

It seems like anytime it is mentioned, it grows. Did you notice that?

I know strikes are not good for people receiving benefits but the best case we can hope for is a strike that just prevents the government from being the government lol

Voting needs to be changed in the US. I feel like if you are not working or if you are on government assistant programs you should not be able to vote. Then people will say "they will vote to take out benefits away!!" Yes, and then you will be able to vote again to bring them back. It will balance itself. 

• Like 1

Trump is not the answer. I will say that. However, he is the path to the answer and even if you don't like him, we need him to win. We need things to turn around. We need to get on a good path again. What the US does and does not do directly impacts the rest of the world. For better or for worse.

• Like 1