The Oscars is something...

JRexx

I never been one to watch it but started paying attention to the things people were saying about it in recent years due to the political nonsense of it all. I noticed something though when seeing who actually won what, they don't really award creative masterpieces or amazing roles anymore. Like that Pretty Things won a ton of awards and from what my brother and sister-in-law said of it, it was basically a smut film. The actress, I can't even remember her name, that plays the lead just goes on a sex rampaged and it even shows her using a cucumber as a woman with a baby brain... This is what wins awards in Hollywood now? Shouldn't be shocked, so many of them are pedos. Oh, and apparently John Cena was on stage butt naked. 

I don't know how people can watch this. Especially not now with everything going wrong in the world. Oh well!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JRexx said:

I never been one to watch it but started paying attention to the things people were saying about it in recent years due to the political nonsense of it all. I noticed something though when seeing who actually won what, they don't really award creative masterpieces or amazing roles anymore. Like that Pretty Things won a ton of awards and from what my brother and sister-in-law said of it, it was basically a smut film. The actress, I can't even remember her name, that plays the lead just goes on a sex rampaged and it even shows her using a cucumber as a woman with a baby brain... This is what wins awards in Hollywood now? Shouldn't be shocked, so many of them are pedos. Oh, and apparently John Cena was on stage butt naked. 

I don't know how people can watch this. Especially not now with everything going wrong in the world. Oh well!

From what l heard Oppenheimer got most of them, (which l have seen) and that was two hours of weeding out communism on top of sex scenes of him and his mistress and one hour of how they built the bomb. So one hour of real entertainment and two of orgy communism.

I would have walked out of the theature the first hour and demanded a refund if l went to see it, that is the trouble with critics they can rave about a dull movie and knock something interesting.

• Like 1

1623292405_350x50-AMAZON-BANNER-MUSIC.png.ee69795a634536c465d472debd417aff.png

They got more viewers than the last few years, or at least they are claiming that. Sadly, a lot of people will continue to worship celebrities. It does seem like "popularity" is fizzling out due to a over-saturated market. The average 20 years old would be more excited to meet his favorite YouTuber than some random actor in a movie he saw once. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, britanica said:

They got more viewers than the last few years

According to my source, it was the fourth lowest rating. I didn't watch but I do pay attention to the stars. I choose movies based on them. I can tolerate a bad movie if I like the star. Some stars almost guarantee that the movie will be reasonably good.  

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 5:32 AM, chrysostom said:

According to my source, it was the fourth lowest rating. I didn't watch but I do pay attention to the stars. I choose movies based on them. I can tolerate a bad movie if I like the star. Some stars almost guarantee that the movie will be reasonably good.  

A lot of them are just terrible, vapid people with horrible politics but I can respect the art and not like the artist. I get what you are saying 100%.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 5:32 AM, chrysostom said:

Yeah the lowest being during covid I believe. So while they are up in viewership, it is nowhere near where it was in the late '90s. 

• Like 1